Show DevBest Tribute site for my brother

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Some of you may know that my brother died the day after Boxing Day (technically he did die on Boxing Day but we had him on life support for a day which did nothing for him), so because of that I've decided to create a tribute website for him.

What do you guys think and is there anything I could add to improve it?

The song on the home page is chosen because it was number 1 in the charts the week he died, and because it was the opening song to his funeral.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
On the photos page, make it so that we can go from image to image with the "left" and "right" keys, instead of clicking one and then having to click out of it just to see another picture. Other than that, looks good.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
, thanks! :)

thank you, and yeah I cried while making it lol. They say "blood, sweat and tears" go into things you do/make, well no blood and sweat went into it, just tears!

, thanks. And I will do, it is pretty annoying that is.

He was always asking me to make a website for him, I guess he finally got one.. just not the type we had imagined!

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Hey, so sorry this happened. I hope you and your family are doing alright.

I guess the site looks pretty nice, but you should edit my name on the message I posted, silly me used a weird character.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks for feedback.

And yeah feel free to post a message, just don't say you're from DevBest or use your DevBest username for the Name field because people I know visit the site and I don't want them knowing I do all this stuff lol

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Looks good, however I noticed something...

1YC08

RIP & hope you and your family is doing alright.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Cool site, I like it and it's purpose - for the music it'd be cool if you could make it play per page rather than it having to start and stop and start from the beginning again. - Sorry for your loss, RIP Carl.

Aiwa

Forum Lesbian
Jan 6, 2011
You know Mark, that's a really beautiful thing for you to do for your brother - I'm sorry about your loss and I know it's probably something which you have heard hundred of times over the past month. I'v lost very close friends in the past and have had to break news of a loss to people whilst I have been at work, so I kinda got a rough idea on what your feeling and going through. But for you to take time and make something like this so that the memory of your brother lives on then I'm sure your making a lot of people proud that there is always something for your brother to be remembered by.

ButtLord420

Please delete my devbest account.
Dec 11, 2010
Sorry for the loss. RIP Carl. The website is very good and maybe an auto slideshow would be nice.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
It's a great idea to make something like this. It looks great to, simple but still transfers the idea.
Some tips: on the message page, add a 'approvement' function, so you can delete stuff like that screen from LaceUp before it shows up. Also, you see the youtube player in the down left corner.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks for the messages. They're real nice.

, I was thinking that too. May implement it when I get chance. Also, I wanted the player viewable in case people don't want the song playing so they can pause it.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I wrote a message on your website. May your brother be in a better place without suffering and violence.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for the messages. They're real nice.

, I was thinking that too. May implement it when I get chance. Also, I wanted the player viewable in case people don't want the song playing so they can pause it.
Maybe you can add a play/next/previous/pause button to replace the "© 2013" (not really the best thing to add to a memorial site IMO).

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Sorry to hear about your loss :(

I have someone on facebook who I used to (still sometimes do) play Xbox with, and he had tributes of your brother all over his facebook... He said they were best friends - He lives near Liverpool I think. That's some coincidental shit.

But yeah, sorry for your loss and the site looks great! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread