TouchDesigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
Hey! I'm currently working on a website designs website (If that even makes sense)...

The website will base around making templates and releasing them for free but also have premium templates which are bought using a web-currency called "Web-Tokens".

This is the first page completed:
3ZkUg.png

Targets/Aims:
  • Login/Register System: 60% - Need to design the login and register pages (Just have the forms on at the moment)
  • Template for main pages: 100%
  • Gallery: 0%
  • Free/Premium Pages: 0%
  • Refund/ToS Pages: 0%
  • Logout Page: 0%
  • Automatic Paypal Script: 0%
  • WebToken Shop: 0%
I started this website last night so i haven't got very far... I will keep this thread updated!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Keep your 'company' name consistent, in places you've called it 'Touch-Designs', in others you've called it 'Touch Designs', and in others you've called it just 'TouchDesigns'.

Also, having your links in uppercase text doesn't look very professional, I'd suggest just having them lowercase with a different colour (like you have done) to hint to the user that it's a link.

I'd definitely add some spacing to the log in form, it all looks too cramped. I'd also put some spacing between your logo and the main content box.

Try doing something with your navigation too so that the user knows what page they're on. If it's a ul, add class="active" or something to the active page li element and then create a css rule called .active and style it, just to give the link its own individual style to show the user what page they're on.

I would also change the colour of the links, no one likes the default colours any more, so I'd do something with them.

PS: I'm not being an asshole, just pointing out some things that may help you ;p

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Like said, if you're looking to start selling websites to people you should focus a lot more on your main-page. People will immediately judge you by your own website. If they see it's simple and basic, they think this will carry of in your work for others.

AssLikeThat

Posting Freak
Jan 27, 2013
looks good, do you need staff for it - like support staff and general manager because I would love to help.
Maybe in the future i will keep you in mind! :)

I'd suggest just naming them 'Tokens', and also - you should try and make a better design for your website. If you're gonna sell designs then yours must be top-notch.
Yeah i've taken note of that! Thanks for the feedback, i've changed the names to Tokens now to keep it simple and as for the design of the website i'll look of ways to improve it!

Keep your 'company' name consistent, in places you've called it 'Touch-Designs', in others you've called it 'Touch Designs', and in others you've called it just 'TouchDesigns'.

Also, having your links in uppercase text doesn't look very professional, I'd suggest just having them lowercase with a different colour (like you have done) to hint to the user that it's a link.

I'd definitely add some spacing to the log in form, it all looks too cramped. I'd also put some spacing between your logo and the main content box.

Try doing something with your navigation too so that the user knows what page they're on. If it's a ul, add class="active" or something to the active page li element and then create a css rule called .active and style it, just to give the link its own individual style to show the user what page they're on.

I would also change the colour of the links, no one likes the default colours any more, so I'd do something with them.

PS: I'm not being an asshole, just pointing out some things that may help you ;p
Don't think your an asshole! You're just giving constructive criticism hah
Anyway I've changed all the Touch Designs etc to Touch-Designs and i've done what you said about the links, when i get some more time i'll sort out the navigation to show an active page for the page that the user is online.

Could you recommend a colour for the links? I don't know what to do for them because blue and white is kind of the theme for the website haha

Thanks for all the improvement suggestions!

Like said, if you're looking to start selling websites to people you should focus a lot more on your main-page. People will immediately judge you by your own website. If they see it's simple and basic, they think this will carry of in your work for others.

Yeah like i replied to Kryptos i'll work on the design to make it a bit more professional

Thanks to everybody for the feedback! Keep it coming please! :)

Also: Thread updated with new image!

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Maybe in the future i will keep you in mind! :)

Yeah i've taken note of that! Thanks for the feedback, i've changed the names to Tokens now to keep it simple and as for the design of the website i'll look of ways to improve it!

Don't think your an asshole! You're just giving constructive criticism hah
Anyway I've changed all the Touch Designs etc to Touch-Designs and i've done what you said about the links, when i get some more time i'll sort out the navigation to show an active page for the page that the user is online.

Could you recommend a colour for the links? I don't know what to do for them because blue and white is kind of the theme for the website haha

Thanks for all the improvement suggestions!

Yeah like i replied to Kryptos i'll work on the design to make it a bit more professional

Thanks to everybody for the feedback! Keep it coming please! :)

Also: Thread updated with new image!

Try using the same colour as your logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread