Too Many Redirects

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Hey there
So this seems to be an isolated incident between two users I have, as everyone else can seemingly vote and access the hotel just fine.

I haven’t changed anything to do with findretros in a very long time either.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 21

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Hey there
So this seems to be an isolated incident between two users I have, as everyone else can seemingly vote and access the hotel just fine.

I haven’t changed anything to do with findretros in a very long time either.
This has been a problem forever that I can remember, happens to some but not all. Used to happen years ago with RevCMS.

Liam

Super Moderator
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Apr 10, 2013
Try deleting your cookies, seriously. Also create a bypass they can use like /voted :)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Although it's been somewhat of an issue for years; it is seeming more of a problem now than it previously was. I doubt anything has changed on FindRetros, but perhaps something on Cloudflare has changed - as I'm also getting this issue quite a lot now too.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Doubt it’s gonna get fixed so I’m going to just do a no vote client. :)

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
The issue typically occurs when there's an IP mismatch, as the user will vote, be sent back to the client, where it'll ask FindRetros if an IP has voted, which it'll return no, and then you'll be sent back to FindRetros where it's using a different IP, and so it'll send you back, and thus you have a redirect loop.

You can have the users go to this URL to see what FindRetros sees there IP as:

Laravel

Elite Donator
Nov 29, 2020
@RastaLulz This is a persisting issue even if there is no mismatch, HabHub has the same issue with 1 user, when he is on a static IP, it works perfectly, but when he is on a dynamic IP, it occurs.

I would say at first that the issue is with the dynamic IP, but this issue doesn't occur to other dynamic IP users. could this be an issue with IPV4 string matching on your side?

I would offer to take a look, completely up to you

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
@Laravel You can have the specific user check this URL:

And then compare it to what they have when connecting to your server.

Laravel

Elite Donator
Nov 29, 2020
@RastaLulz Yeah we tried that and matched up to $request->ip() that I send to you, like I said above, happy to look into a centralised solution, maybe we can have a chat about it when you're free
Post automatically merged:

If anyone is looking for a work around to slightly ensure a vote, but removed the issue with the redirect loop, something like this is a feasible fix, hopefully can push to fix this Find Retros side.

Last edited:

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
@RastaLulz Yeah we tried that and matched up to $request->ip() that I send to you, like I said above, happy to look into a centralised solution, maybe we can have a chat about it when you're free
Post automatically merged:

If anyone is looking for a work around to slightly ensure a vote, but removed the issue with the redirect loop, something like this is a feasible fix, hopefully can push to fix this Find Retros side.

Would this more or less be the same solution on Orion Cms ?

Users who are viewing this thread