[Tips] Common practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I was bored, so I thought I'd post this
Today, I will attempt to explain some common practices programmers should perform to improve workflow and speed.

TW0UC.jpg

In this picture, I show how you should organise your files. As you can see in figure 1, I have organised code to make it easier to edit and this improves workflow

In figure 2, you can see I have organised my files in folders which improves workflow as it is easier to find a file and is easier for developers to figure out where to put code

Z3C37.jpg

In this picture, you can see I have organised my folders to suit my files. I have a HTML folder, a JavaScript folder, a CSS folder and an image folder. This organises work and cleans up clutter.

Other practices
Space your code out. It is better and easier to develop if you code is spaced properly
Use a good code editor. It is stupid if you are using a weak code editor
Do not strain yourself. Work according to timetables, giving yourself time and breaks, as coding for a hour can be sickening
Save your project regularly. If you lose all your code without saving it, it can be very frustrating
Build and debug your project regularly. It is better to find bugs when the code is in its early stages than to build a 100+ file project, and find there are errors.

I hope this helped :)
Adil

RyanMK

Still alive
May 27, 2010
Nice post, I always use Site Setup in dreamweaver ;p

Also a good editor for PHP, HTML etc Notepad++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread