Tile (Lost Items Product) - Thoughts?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I just saw this product called , and I thought it looked pretty neat. As someone who loses stuff from time to time, I'd personally find it very beneficial, especially my car keys. It's only $19 per Tile and has it's own app on iOS which uses Bluetooth to find what you're looking for (what the Tile is attached to), and will basically tell you if you're hot or cold in terms of it's location relative to you. It has a 50 to 150 foot radius, however if someone else with the Tile app is in range of yours, it will alert you (and not them).

Here's a video, I thought it was pretty cool.

iDevon

Solo Dolo
Dec 27, 2010
I like that it can ring. but its too expansive

It's affordable. I can't wait for their community to get bigger. When they have reached a large amount of users, I will then consider buying one. Love it, though.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Fantastic. I did notice a clip in the video where a guy was rummaging through a washing basket, how does it stand up against water damage? That's what I'd like to know

Still a great idea. I also like the hole so it can be stylised like a keyring

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
that's a really cool idea, reminds me of Lowjack. they should integrate this into laptops, wouldn't be hard, when I take apart laptops there's often quite a bit of unused space.

Good share!

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
$20 for this? It's decent. I'd stick this on my laptop when taking it elsewhere, great share!

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
That is cheap and extremely handy! I am defiantly thinking about ordering! I'll order and send you guys some feed back I'm just going to see if its available in the UK as some products are launched in the US for a limited time. Nice find !

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
This came back to me about 20 minutes ago.
They should put these in remotes. Like seriously that needs to happen.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
This came back to me about 20 minutes ago.
They should put these in remotes. Like seriously that needs to happen.

Not necessarily, just buy a Tile and stick it to the remote. That, after all, is the purpose of them.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Not necessarily, just buy a Tile and stick it to the remote. That, after all, is the purpose of them.

and when the adhesive fails? plus the remote for the Roku fits perfectly in my hand I don't want a big square on it. Same thing with any other remote I use.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
and when the adhesive fails? plus the remote for the Roku fits perfectly in my hand I don't want a big square on it. Same thing with any other remote I use.

It's not even half a centimetre in depth lol?

Evian

Helping noobs since 1996
Feb 17, 2012
I could see this only taking off in America. Kind of leaving the UK out of it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread