"This webpage has a redirect loop"

kaitlynelizabeth

Nov 12, 2013
for the past two days now i keep seeing this "error" when i try and play different retros.
first i face it with habboon now with babbo. i tried using another retro to see if it was just habboon. i believe the issue is with the voting and something to do with "Retro List" because on Google Chrome, at the bottom left hand corner, it flutters between the webpage I am trying to access and the retro list and then consequently comes up with this error.

just thought i'd let you know and if anyone has any tips on how to avoid if they could let me know? :D

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
It would appear that everyone who has had this issue so far has had the same ISP, which is really odd.

If you're not busy and have Skype, I could help try and sort this out.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Searched for that ISP and all that came up was things like:

"DON'T USE THIS INTERNET PROVIDER."

basically, they do not even have a friggin website.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Yup, this is a big issues so far - I think someone needs to develop a new API, wink win.

FYI, BT is a decent provider a lot use them in Britain, so something needs to be done for sure. @Heaplink bt.com

kaitlynelizabeth

Nov 12, 2013
yeah i mean i have used BT for like 7 years now, i've never had this problem before it's only been within the last week or so? it's just persistent, luckily i'm on habboon now.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Adrian, are you getting this by using his page name, or Habboons?

It's basically due to a proxy issue. The IPs change when they go to FindRetros, so SSL was enabled. If you can enable SSL on your end you should be fine, we had to do it for Habboon.

Or, to get around it just stick it on one page, like the client and send the user back to client/novote and they'll be fine.

Adrian

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Adrian, are you getting this by using his page name, or Habboons?

It's basically due to a proxy issue. The IPs change when they go to FindRetros, so SSL was enabled. If you can enable SSL on your end you should be fine, we had to do it for Habboon.

Or, to get around it just stick it on one page, like the client and send the user back to client/novote and they'll be fine.
Its on Dub and it doesn't send me to the /me page either, after I vote.

Nov 27, 2014
I do get this error on Habboon, but it only happens sometimes? For example, it is Saturday at 9PM and it doesn't work but then on Sunday at 3AM it works?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
If this issue occurs again, please provide the following information:
  1. IP Address (on ):
  2. IP Address (on ):
  3. ISP:
  4. Server's page on FindRetros:
  5. Brief description of exactly what happened:
You can send this to me via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread