TheFacebook Clone 2003/2004 (PHP/OpenSource/MySQL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met0do

Jun 1, 2012
TheFacebook Clone
- Version : 1.0
- Current Status of the Project : In Discussion
- Language : English / Portuguese
- Free and OpenSource
- Release Date : Undetermined

About
Thefacebook Clone is nothing more than an attempt to recreate the first version of Facebook was launched in 2003/2004 , currently being developed by Met0do to the general public .
All codes are written entirely from scratch and all the contents of the old social network should be preserved as far as possible as it was .

This project aims to be an advanced , lightweight and free clone, being written with PHP , HTML , CSS and with MySQL as data storage.
This project has no commercial purpose but pure knowledge.

Files
index.php
terms.php
privacy.php
contact.php
social_net.php
search.php
profile.php
about.php
register.php
login.php
messages.php
read_message.php
send_message.php
edit_profile.php
edit_privacy.php
edit_account.php
edit_photo.php
my_friends.php
home.php
invite.php
faq.php
logout.php
-----------------------------

Images
The recreation of the html, is being based only in images found on the internet.
xf7r9.jpg

wwgg1t.jpg

Download will be avaliable soon.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Unless this is for educational purposes, why would you want to create something old and out-dated? Times have moved on, people want speed and modern looking websites, not something sluggish and horrible looking.

Pretty sure there's a script for this online somewhere as well?

Met0do

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks for comment Sysode.
Yeah, I have to agree this old Facebook layout is horrible, but it's not about to create new modern stuff, it's about history.
And we don't have any full working clone of TheFacebook in 2004 in the web, this is going to be the first by the way.

With this clone, people can see really how it was Facebook in it's origins and have the 'feeling' to use the first version of FB.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for comment Sysode.
Yeah, I have to agree this old Facebook layout is horrible, but it's not about to create new modern stuff, it's about history.
And we don't have any full working clone of TheFacebook in 2004 in the web, this is going to be the first by the way.

With this clone, people can see really how it was Facebook in it's origins and have the 'feeling' to use the first version of FB.
Ah, I see. So this is really being made so people can get an idea of what it was like to 'facebook' back when it originated?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
If there is no clone of this then how will people know how it functioned originally?
Copying a template from pictures is one thing, but giving it its 'functionality' when you have not tested it is another.

Anyways, good luck with development

Met0do

Jun 1, 2012
Yes, Exactly right Sysode.
--------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Kaz, I'm in constantly communicating with people that used the first version of FB, everything is being done with minimum details and with the major of functionalities.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
IMO, this is useless, wasting your own time, Consider there are like 10 developers out of 1000? So why would they waste their time in setting this up and checking how it actually was? AND remaining 990 users wouldnt even bother downloading because they'd know fuck all about setting it up.

And hey check this out -

There are facebook clone scripts existing today, Of the similar version of the facebook.

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
Yeah it's pretty useless to rip.

Then you'd rather have the clone script instead.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
I say keep going. Always nice. I don't think its about the latest stuff and all, personally think this will be a great experience for you.

Keep going don't falter, i shall check this thread regularly for updates.

Pro

Insane in the midbrain.
Oct 14, 2010
I don't like Facebook's older layouts anyway, they've really made a big improvement in 2008 / 2013.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I personally think it's pretty interesting, would be cool to see a site fully functional that is a representation of what Facebook was in its early days.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Let's hope Napster see this. I understand why it's being developed but I don't think it would be something that people would use. I guess it could be something people could develop on top of.

Phoqe

Mar 28, 2013
Nice to see something so precious being put back to work, would certainly be great if this would finish.

Geordie1080

Jul 18, 2014
Dude, are you still doing this thing? I've been to your main website and there is nothing available for download and I can't even translate it properly so have no idea what any of it actually says. I'm very interested in your idea as ever since seeing the 'Social Network' film a couple of years ago, I have had an interest in what Facebook used to look like when it was called 'theFacebook'. If you want some help finishing it by all means give me a shout! Either message me on here or search for 'Open Status Search' on google and I'm the one under opengraphsearch dot net :)

Moogly

May 6, 2012
I don't care what anyone says, call it ugly all you want, I *love* old school websites. There's just so much nostalgia for me, this makes me think of when I first got on the internet, websites were so much simpler, so much less crap, it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread