The struggles with MacBook

malcolmjr414

Apr 21, 2011
You may think MacBook Pros are awesome! Exactly what I thought. But, since my recent upgrade to Yosemite from Lion. I've been going through problem after problem, one of the problems have apparently "exposed" a problem with my laptop that I must have had since I bought it. But, I never had the problems that I'm having now happen before. Apple also said that it would almost cost me $200 for a problem that they caused. I've included the picture of what my problem is. They also said this problem is "rare".

It was a great laptop before it was updated. R.I.P

So let's get to it, what's your opinion on MacBook pros or apple in general?

Attachments

• IMG_20150226_180045.jpg
    IMG_20150226_180045.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 19

malcolmjr414

Apr 21, 2011
There saying it's a hardware problem, but I didn't have it before. And, because my warranty is over I'll have to pay $200 so it sucks

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
There saying it's a hardware problem, but I didn't have it before. And, because my warranty is over I'll have to pay $200 so it sucks
So how does that mean that MacBook Pros aren't great? That is just an ignorant statement. Just because it is made by apple doesn't mean that software &/or hardware malfunctions can't occur. What year is your macbook pro? I'd like to assume it's pretty old, hence why it "randomly" had this problem.

malcolmjr414

Apr 21, 2011
It's actually pretty new. I got it in September of 2014 ;). If you were to read my post again I said problem(s) and since I own a MacBook I can express my opinions without being ignorant.

Oh, this might help you better understand what ignorant means.
ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
  1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
    "he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

In this case, this is you.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
It's actually pretty new. I got it in September of 2014 ;). If you were to read my post again I said problem(s) and since I own a MacBook I can express my opinions without being ignorant.

Oh, this might help you better understand what ignorant means.
ig·no·rant
ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
  1. lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
    "he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

In this case, this is you.
Thanks for telling me what it means to be ignorant. You were indeed being ignorant by implying that MacBooks aren't awesome because you had a problem that you want to be fixed for free. Apple has to make $, they aren't going to do shit for free, so stop complaining about $200. There are 9 apple products in my house from an iPod, iPhones, iPads, an iMac, and MacBook Pros. I have only went to the Apple store once, which was because I dropped my iPhone in a puddle, so I went and paid for a replacement. As an owner of several Apple products, I can say that the products are very durable, and rarely cause issues that a simple reboot can't fix.

If there are any grammatical errors, don't mind it. I'm typing with one hand (eating cheeto puffs)

malcolmjr414

Apr 21, 2011
Why don't you get off my thread? If I recall it's my "opinion" and why don't we just quickly go over what it means to be ignorant.
"lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."
  1. Not lacking any knowledge in my post.
  2. I'm probably more educated than your little bitch ass.
  3. I'm not lacking any knowledge because I spoke with many Apple Support people and have enough information to base my opinion. I have well over 20+ support tickets on this matter. So if you want to talk to them about my laptop I can give you my case numbers so you can have a nice little chat with them :)
I didn't want to go any higher with my numbers because you might not be that well-educated. And, for your information I can complain whenever the fuck I want. You didn't have to reply to it. Also, Considering none of the problems that I'm having now happened before I upgraded to Yosemite. Dam right they should give it to me for free. I spent $2,000 in it so I can complain as much as I want. I also have an iPod, iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro's and I also develop apps for Apple. So I know my shit thank you very much, I think this argument is over :)

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Why don't you get off my thread? If I recall it's my "opinion" and why don't we just quickly go over what it means to be ignorant.
"lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."
  1. Not lacking any knowledge in my post.
  2. I'm probably more educated than your little bitch ass.
  3. I'm not lacking any knowledge because I spoke with many Apple Support people and have enough information to base my opinion. I have well over 20+ support tickets on this matter. So if you want to talk to them about my laptop I can give you my case numbers so you can have a nice little chat with them :)
I didn't want to go any higher with my numbers because you might not be that well-educated. And, for your information I can complain whenever the fuck I want. You didn't have to reply to it. Also, Considering none of the problems that I'm having now happened before I upgraded to Yosemite. Dam right they should give it to me for free. I spent $2,000 in it so I can complain as much as I want. I also have an iPod, iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro's and I also develop apps for Apple. So I know my shit thank you very much, I think this argument is over :)
Lol? Because you spend a lot of money on something gives you the right to get it fixed for free? Go buy a rolls royce and crash it. Let's see if you can get a free repair.

malcolmjr414

Apr 21, 2011
Yeah mate, it's called "Customer Satisfaction". You know what, that's not a bad idea hopefully you're in front of it.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

How could you have bought it in September if you just said the problem showed up when you upgraded to Yosemite from Lion (2011)?

lier lier pants on fire

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Apple released OS X Yosemite to the public on October 16, 2014 I got my laptop in September.... At the time when I bought it was Lion (2011).

You are truly an idiot.
Pretty sure if you bought the September 2014 model, it would've came with Mavericks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread