House of The Dragon

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
What's everyone's thoughts after that epic 1st episode???
That first scene of Rhaenyra flying over Kings Landing on dragon back literally had me in tears I was so happy to be home lool
All I can say was W O W. What a return to the realm!!!!
High hopes for the new series, off to an epic start so far.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
i liked it but the amount of time jumping is already annoying

6 episodes in and already 15+ years have passed
I am over the time jumps already but in the books nothing of interest really happens during those gaps and the story is about the civil war in their family.. not really digging the adult Rhaneyra either, to me the actress does not resemble Milly what so ever Alicent is pretty spot on though.

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
What's everyone's thoughts after that epic 1st episode???
That first scene of Rhaenyra flying over Kings Landing on dragon back literally had me in tears I was so happy to be home lool
All I can say was W O W. What a return to the realm!!!!
High hopes for the new series, off to an epic start so far.
Old thread but still relevant. Hate the lack of actual battles/entertainment specially in the episode where it starts and you just see the aftermath of a battle…. show me WAR!!! I WANT TO SEE GUTS ON THE FLOOR.

Puffin

Mar 17, 2018
Old thread but still relevant. Hate the lack of actual battles/entertainment specially in the episode where it starts and you just see the aftermath of a battle…. show me WAR!!! I WANT TO SEE GUTS ON THE FLOOR.

Yeah I have to agree. I don't mind the story and character development and slow moments, though a lot of the fandom is moaning about how bad it is. Game of Thrones had lots of those and it made for such a great story!

But you're right, they've been skipping over battles, the only one we got so far was Rook's Rest (I havent watched lastnights 'episode yet) and it wasn;'t even that bloody or gory. I mean, don't get me wrong, the epic dragon fight was pretty great but they are really lacking in other areas

Prob cause the CGI budget is all on dragons this year

boz

don daddy
Mar 23, 2021
Yeah I have to agree. I don't mind the story and character development and slow moments, though a lot of the fandom is moaning about how bad it is. Game of Thrones had lots of those and it made for such a great story!

But you're right, they've been skipping over battles, the only one we got so far was Rook's Rest (I havent watched lastnights 'episode yet) and it wasn;'t even that bloody or gory. I mean, don't get me wrong, the epic dragon fight was pretty great but they are really lacking in other areas

Prob cause the CGI budget is all on dragons this year
You probably hit the nail on the head with the CGI aspect, if that is the case they shouldn’t build up all these situations and get the watcher excited for what’s going to happen for then NOTHING to even happen. The dragon fight was really good, could imagine it takes a hell of a lot of time to create it.

Users who are viewing this thread