The Future of Programming

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Interesting video, although it's more of a history lesson than a video about the future of programming. Regardless, it's extremely interesting, especially when you hear some of the company names that are massive now, and were just little ventures back then.

Although, the point at the end was thought provoking, in the sense that we learn a language and simply work with that, not learning about how it works (on the computing level) or the other alternatives out there. This could cause issues on the path ahead as we will accept those ideas and not attempt go back to the very core and try to make it better from there.

With that being said, I don't quite understand the notion of telling yourself that you don't know what programming or computing is and by doing so will make you free, as you have a general idea of what it is and how it works.

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I swear I saw one of that old-style visualizer machines in my school like 7 years ago.

The video is good for enlightening me on what they used to think back then on computers.

Sorry if I went off-topic.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
We'll, for me in that last part he is encouraging new ways of thinking, about forgetting everything you've been taught and question what you're doing and why you're doing it that way. Because that's how new and original ideas are born.

Users who are viewing this thread