The Elite Four (Source Codes)

Moogly

May 6, 2012
Hello my lovely scene. I'm making an indirect contribution today. I have decided to unleash some code that you may all enjoy. These files are not mine, and are released for educational purposes (not for ripping, not that it will do you any good). There have been many great projects spawned from these projects (Ion, Phoenix, Uber, etc). When I say great in that last sentence I just mean popular, they're cute attempts but the originals are still superior (sad really). In any regard, one isn't a server I know, but it is always handy to have in your arsenal if you're a developer. If you rip your faults will be noted in the (lack of) quality of your code, so try learning instead.

Anyhow, enough jibber jabber time for the lovelies!

Base 64 Encoding by JoeH - In multiple languages

* This includes the C# encoding, a C++/CLI encoding, a Native C++ encoding, and even Assembly Language encodings for both B64 and VL64. The encoding is known to be originally written by JoeH, Jeax ported it to C# and Nillus used Jeax's version, so Holograph used it, not sure about other projects.

Thor v1 by JoeH (v9 'FUSE' protocol client)

* While Thor has been released before, I am re-releasing it as it was last seen on the repository JoeH had. For those who do not know, Thor was a v9 'FUSE' Protocol Emulator, it was created by JoeH who at the time was on vacation from Funcom, it was coded in a month, and was the basis / inspiration for future (at it's time) and current ( our time ) projects. It introduced the concept of the Reactor Pattern protocol and inspired projects like Woodpecker, Ion, Ion/Deltar, Blunk, Uber, Phoenix and others. It is worth taking a look at.

Stockholm / Thor "2.0" by JoeH (v9 'FUSE' protocol client)

*Stockholm is to be considered Thor 2.0 although it was rewritten from scratch. This server like Thor was coded by JoeH. This was a complete overhaul of the previous system we saw before, again the way it was coded also inspired many projects (see Thor for a list). It was never publicly released in the same way that Thor was released but it provides another great basis for observation on how to write rather clean and functional code.

Woodpecker v3 by Nillus (v13 'FUSE' protocol client)

*Woodpecker was based on Thor but was a v13 Emulator. Initially it was meant to be used privately between me and Nillus for an official [removed] Hotel for the 'FUSE' based game which ended when I got enraged with an Administrator of [removed]. They thought I was nobody till Nillus said, no Moogly, no hotel. The project was sold off by Nillus. I was sworn to keep it under wraps but what a waste. It's not the most perfect server, but could provide a decent example (Pathfinding was good, based on Thor's). Stockholm was based on it's database (although it was converted into a MSSQL scheme). The project introduced new and improved ways to approach certain concepts. Blunk is also based off of it.

I was intending to upload more source codes but I think that this should be a sufficient proper learning source for all programmers (and wannabe programmers). Linux didn't get anywhere by being proprietary / close sourced.

ttfn,

Moogly

P.S.

Further reading for those interested in programming below:

Don't limit your mind, take a challenge and learn something new.

Open your Source, Open your Mind.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Nice release, good to see something decent released round here, ;D, other than RevCMS&RevEMU. ;D

Eronisch

Web Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Woodpecker is just amazing, it's a shame the cfh doesn't work and there is no furni in the publicrooms.
Can someon fix the cfh?

Users who are viewing this thread