"The Daniel Series" [Completed]

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys, a while ago I posted three designs in the thread titled "The Daniel Series", since then I have completed the series with some additional work added. Any criticism that's constructive is welcome, please also note this design series was composed during the length of one year and four months.

These designs are small to stop them being used for something else, who wants a pixelated background eh?

1. The Impossible City (all designs in order of creation date)

My first design of the series, It is the least favorite but it taught me alot which I have used through out the rest of the series.
2. Father and Son

A quick one, it is based on a father and son in the town "Faversham". I learned the use of grass in this one, which is used through out the series.
3. I'll never forget you

One of my most loved designs, it is simple but perfect in my eyes. Here I learned the uses of ambient light effects which is used in the rest of the series and will be used in all of my future designs. Credit to who is the lovely chap in the design, you know who you are :3
4. Together we will live forever

Again, a simple design which calls to the heart, I made this during some tough times which is a totally unrelated subject to love but it is still inspired by it. In this I learned the use of silhouette's which are used through out all of the designs.
5. Mad man with a box

Doctor who inspired design, on a planet with no atmosphere yet he is still breathing as he does. In this I learned the use of dynamic planets in my designs, all though this is unfinished due to a power cut.
6. No name - Couldn't quite think of one..

In this I learned the use of ships, flags and fire. This is an unfinished design due to a power cut, but I'm happy with it.
7. Amor Immortalis - Immortal Love

I was feeling quite happy and thought that the series needing some romantic scenes instead of all the death and sadness I have done in the past. Totally finished design, one of my most favorite. In this I leaned the use of faint clouds and slightly swamp like terrain.
8. Cousins in Arms

Everyone always says the British and the Americans are cousins, which sparked this idea. Story; Two flag carriers are engaged in combat, the American flag carrier is shot (and killed), the British flag carrier puts his flag on his back pack with his own flag and carriers the wounded soldier to safety away from the fight.
9. Love & Life

vbRaXhV.png

This design was meant to be in the original batch of designs when I released them on Imgur, I just couldn't quite think of an appropriate quote.. thats when Daniel, whom the series is named after for his 'modelling' role in the images, had a heart-to-heart discussion about life with me. "When you're on your deathbed, looking back on life, are you going to think back to this moment, and think what a life I lived. - Daniel Jake Bryson." - Credits to Meghan for the figures!

10. Trust in Love

dJiIJ97.png

When our hearts are blocked off it seems like the night never goes away, this picture shows two lovers finally opening up that causes a burst of light around them, blocking out the dark.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
Given the amount of time you spent making these, I suppose you made approximately 1 design every 2 months. Shouldn't have really taken you that long.
Anyhow, at least you put effort into these, I kinda like number 4.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
Actually I went without making any for half a year. It's only recently I'm adding to it. Each time I design one it takes a few hours to finish off, I never go in with a plan just design what comes to me.

Users who are viewing this thread