Recruiting Technical Support Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
Description

This is a great opportunity to join a network establishing around a range of game servers such as Minecraft, SA:MP and Habbo Retro. You will be reporting to me personally, you will set-up the game servers and maintain the technical elements. Under direction you will access any VPS, Dedi's or other server panels we may have to install or manage the games. You will need to fix any arising technical issues and communicate with players and members of the moderation team effectively.

You will work with Emulators and Scripts to ensure that everything is running and operating as it should be. As we are a new network you will be established as our main Technical Support and will have the authority to recruit Support Assistants and manage the technical staff aspects of the network. You will also be involved in possible expansion of the network if and where possible.

Details

You will be required to be on-call, meaning your services will need to be accessible on a needs basis. The peak times that you should be available for are considered to be 5PM - 8PM GMT.

You will be on a free contract pending on the success of the network. Should the network press on, your contract will be reviewed and if terminated a sum of around £20-£30 depending on the level of work will be processed. If we decide that you are invaluable to us at the end of the free contract we will offer you either a dividend based contract or an hourly call out charge. If you are incapable of demands placed before you, or do not meet our standards during the free contract we will terminate the contract and only pay out £10 compensation for your time.

Requirements

Essential:

Set up and maintain successfully a Habbo Retro on a VPS based system
PHP, SQL and HTML at a basic level
Over the age of 15
Use correct and appropriate language and grammar

Non-Essential:

Java Coding
PAWN Coding
CSS and jquery Coding

Personal Qualities

Our perfect Support Director is hard working and dedicated to learn new skills and develop a great career for themselves. You are self motivated and great at working in a team because you take feedback well and can share ideas. You are confident to work alone without assistance because you have a proactive approach and are able to use your own initiative.

You are organised and have good communication skills so you can deal with staff and players in a polite and friendly manner. You always approach problems with a positive attitude and look for ways to solve them, rather than see obstacles.

I look forward to receiving your applications via this thread or through email at [email protected]

Thank-you

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I am interested i guess, Ill shoot you a application. -- Shoots --

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
Why PHP? Any particular reason?

As part of the network a Habbo Retro (as stated above) will be included. PHP would be essential with maintaining the CMS. It will also come in use in other game-servers such as a web panel for SA:MP.

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
As part of the network a Habbo Retro (as stated above) will be included. PHP would be essential with maintaining the CMS. It will also come in use in other game-servers such as a web panel for SA:MP.
I will email you from my non-professional email.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Is there an existing CMS?
If not, could someone create a new CMS in say Ruby or Python?

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014
I'm confused is this paying or not?

It'll be based on a free contract, if you perform well and want to leave we'll pay out £20-£30.

If you perform well but want to stay on, we can either pay out, or give you dividends of all profits across the network. Then begin a new paid/dividend based contract with you.

If you leave early, or don't complete ALL tasks, we will pay out between £10-£15.

If you perform poorly and we release you earlier than expected, we won't pay out.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Well for Habbo Retro's They would either use RevCMS or And PHP/MYSQL Cms. I haven't seen any Retro's with Ruby or Python.

Jxck

got that old thing back
Apr 5, 2014

It would be at the technical directors discretion how they choose to operate the technical elements of the game-servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread