Surface by Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010

I must admit, this thing does look pretty sexy! I'd love to see the price points for this.

Here's an article by Mashable on it:

Here's a hands on if you're interested:

Also, here's the official site:

TechnoBuffalo's take on the Surface:

What are your thoughts?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I hate that video, it keeps switching from the tablet to the other crap. I don't mind the tablet but I thought they weren't supposed to have keyboards and mice?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I don't mind the tablet but I thought they weren't supposed to have keyboards and mice?
The keyboard/mouse cover is optional for those who would like a traditional laptop feel, as far as I know. But as you can see in the video, it is entirely independent, and doesn't need it - it's just an additional feature, which is handy if you're writing emails or something.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I was optimistic when brother told me earlier however after reading the posts and viewing images, this looks pretty promising as you can have it switch between 2 OPerating systems. 1 being the tablet OS and the other windows 8.

I like the way it has the attachable keyboard and trackpad.

Id like to see the prices, bet it's not cheap! And I wonder how much they bought surface.com for ^^

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
The domain surface must have cost at least few g's [most likely 40 max]
But that's nothing to Microsoft, it's like 40 /pence/cents to them.

Looks good, since they have two models, Windows RT and 8
I'm guessing this could got to at least 1.5k.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Looks like an iPad with keyboard... Just not as sexy.

75132v1.jpg

e65a_ipad_bluetooth_keyboard_case.jpg

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
It actually looks alright, and not too bad for Microsoft.
It wont blow the iPad off the market, Apples OS' is too advanced for windows, however being able to switch between the 2 OS' is a pretty cool feature.
The only problem though with it running a full version of Windows 8 is that its being run on a tablet, not a laptop. So surely the specs will need to be good?

Sep 10, 2011
It actually looks alright, and not too bad for Microsoft.
It wont blow the iPad off the market, Apples OS' is too advanced for windows, however being able to switch between the 2 OS' is a pretty cool feature.
The only problem though with it running a full version of Windows 8 is that its being run on a tablet, not a laptop. So surely the specs will need to be good?
"To advanced" I'm a strong supporter of Microsoft and Microsoft has been well Advanced over the years of my experience with it. Microsoft is like the number on selling os around as far I'm concerned and I'm not knocking Apple They are well advanced to but I think Microsoft could over do Apple

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
I've heard that it will feature a 1080P resolution and a variant with the Intel Core i5 Processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread