[Suggestion] Creator to Close Thread

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
If somewhere makes a thread, they will have an option (On top and Bottom) of the thread to *Close Thread*

Pop up will alert them that once a thread has been closed it can not be reopened

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Alright sorry, I didn't see any in "Suggested Threads" so I hit post

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Yes under thread tools, I believe this would help for a few reasons.

1) You won't get flooded with people going @RastaLulz close thread please
2) It will stop old, solved threads from being posted on

Joel

Aspiring Developer
Mar 30, 2014
I actually like this idea. Has my vote?? I see people all the time with "close my thread plz plz plz (mod names)"

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
Oh, I remember why I didn't do this before. It's because XenForo doesn't have a permission for this, and I didn't want to install an add-on just for this.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Well I believe having an add on like this would both help staff on devbest be able to moderate better, having less people spam them, and help the community by stopping help threads from being spammed when the solution is given

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Not worth the hassle... If you want a thread closed, report it and give a reason why it should be closed.

Either way would work but seems kind of pointless to have an addon with this.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Just keep in mind that people will make a development and close it in like 2 days because they are not arsed to move on.

However it's a good idea.
Yes but if people are not arsed to do it anyway, why should it stay open and continue to be spammed when those people don't even go back to the thread?

Users who are viewing this thread