Suggest me a book on JavaScript

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I need a book, something I can read daily to help me understand the language inside out. I need something which covers basics and goes in depth at the same time. I have a book in mind but would like to hear some suggestions.

So does anyone have a book they can recommend me?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Personally, books are plain boring. Any decent starter tutorial should cover the logic behind JavaScript and what it does. I find this covers a lot to do with JavaScript: .

Baring in mind its been ages since I touched any JavaScript/jQuery ;p

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
Personally, books are plain boring. Any decent starter tutorial should cover the logic behind JavaScript and what it does. I find this covers a lot to do with JavaScript: .

Baring in mind its been ages since I touched any JavaScript/jQuery ;p
I know, but I need a book due to it's portability. I travel to school on a bus for an hour which i usually just spend listening to music and fucking around but would like to optimize my time and read a book on something I want to learn about.

I doubt I'd find it boring since it's something I really care about.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I know, but I need a book due to it's portability. I travel to school on a bus for an hour which i usually just spend listening to music and fucking around but would like to optimize my time and read a book on something I want to learn about.

I doubt I'd find it boring since it's something I really care about.
Yeah, most front end devs care about what they do but that doesn't make JavaScript fun and exciting. Also, don't over do it.. You have years before you reach a professional level and you're already ahead of others in many ways so you can chill when you need to.

Anyway if you're serious about a book its best to go or a modern one (look around amazon and eBay) and check the reviews an date of publishing - newer books are more likely to have modern techniques and the most efficent way of doing things. I'd like you to some but I'm on mobile an heh.. Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread