[Stay Safe]How to stay safe from scam retros[Stay Safe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

idfk

Oct 6, 2011
Hey fellow DEVs <-(lol devs) idk..

Anyways...
You may have notice or not that retros are over populating over the net. But why? For fun? For the community? To get profit? OR TO HACK?

DF DID YOU JUST SAY HACK?@?@?
Yes, yes i did, lots of retros have been populating because they love playing habbo, when people usually sign up to these retros they use they email and password (duh) but you use your main passwords.
Lots of retros or should i say stupid retro owner(s) have been hacking accounts through email and password decodes hashes.

whats that?

When people sign up to a hotel they password gets coded on a sql but not in plain text. this is to keep the people that are running and amateur hackers to retrieve your password.

How do ik if the hotel scams or not?
Well i probably gave some idiots the idea right now (fml), but the community need to know;
- If the hotel is not editted by the owner at all or barely
- The hotel has a basic catalogue
- The hotel has a shit economy
- The staff are populsted and are online more than the users
- The owners don't give a shit
- The domain name is not paid for or its the ip
- Doesn't have a vps (usually run on 000webhost)
- No voting api's
- Lots of errors
- Hotels not reliable

They's way more but can't think of any atm.

How do i prevent my account from getting hacked;
Easy, simply use a different password or email

Maybe your bullshitting?
Don't believe me, than don't believe me.
Note: Why do you really think retros are made, usually from profit, barely for fun.

O'k that's about it for me, remember stay safe, don't give passwords or emails to no one, unless they give you money..lol jks

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
:lol: Not all the time. Who knows if they were really built for fun and has all things in basic? No one knows but 6/10 for the effort. Formatting could be neater.

Lightzz

QUACKSTER OR DIE AND IM GAY
Jun 19, 2012
I don't have a voting API, it won't work. But not on my priority because I could care less for voting.
I want my hotel on word of mouth, not on some top sites.

Antoni0

Jun 10, 2012
I hate fucking people like this,When are you going to get money doesnt come out of the sky.

DO NOT USE YOUR REAL PASSWORD

idfk

Oct 6, 2011
i said ti could be those reasons doesn't mean they are a hacker if they don't have those. Their is lots of lazy owners you know.
So if you're using a CMS that doesn't have voting API's included you're a hacker?

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
You know you can just go in the php and remove the encryption to get plaintext passwords right? Or just add a couple lines in the login file that saves informations to a text file or send it by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread