Starlight [C#/.NET Core/Dapper]

Oni

信頼に値する人いない
Dec 1, 2021
Why Autofac instead of Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection?
First of all, let's be clear, both are good at what they do and neither does it better. However, Autofac has functions that can be more than useful to us in such a project. Like auto-generated factories, named and keyed services, ability to add metadata / attribute metadata to a component registration, etc.
Otherwise: If you're not missing any features that Autofac offers over the built-in DI, there's really no reason to switch.

Why Serilog instead of NLog?
More modern API and structured logging by default.
Add enrichers give us also the ability to intercept and modify the messages as we wish.
NLog is a bit faster, but not a relevant difference for us, I noticed that a lot of people here think convulsively about the performance of their application and try to improve it before something solid has even been built. Why make a problem if there isn't one?

Why EntityFrameworkCore instead of Dapper?
Dapper and EF Core are two of the primary ORMs in use in the .NET world, despite the fact that Dapper isn't really an ORM at all; it's more of a mapper library designed to map data results to C# objects. Thus, it's really a very thin layer between your application and the database you are using. EF Core, on the other hand, is a full-fledged ORM with lots of cool features, including change tracking. These features make this library a bit more cumbersome, and possibly a lot less performant than Dapper. But, as I have said before, performance doesn't matter unless you can prove that it matters, and for most apps the difference in speed between EF Core and Dapper will probably not be noticeable to the average user.
(Written by my man Matthew Jones 2 years ago - perfectly described)

I'll update the repository when I'm back home :)

Edit:
Patched the latest Habbo Flash Client for your project. (WIN63-2021-11-17-1657-345502145)
byPAaBc.gif

Last edited:

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Been a while since I posted in here, I've been working on restructuring and refactoring my code with the help of @Oni .
Some more noticeable changes is the room engine is now finally finished aswell as pathfinding, (seen bellow). Hopefully going forward from now I'll have more regular updates. Thanks

6c6e1fac287f7d800388f426d054f581.gif

Brad

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

Looks VERY promising, is there a GIT for this? would love to check it out.

Looking forward to seeing updates.

Damien

Don't need glasses if you can C#
Feb 26, 2012
Catalog is now working after spending ages trying to figure out why it wasn't (hint: I was being an idiot). The catalog is setup so that it can handle multiple different modes, modes being the normal catalog, builders club and any other additional modes you'd want in the future. This means not only does builders club work but if you ever wanted a dedicated catalog for VIP members or event items, this can easily be achieved by creating a new catalog mode.

Next up on my list is handling purchasing items, which I'm planning to handle via different independent purchase handlers depending on the item type, "s", "i", "r," "b" ext.

adc9c88116dc76d81bbb31a4cc3f5f0e.png

8e8ac34904829d863b04f291f99d9a10.png

Also note that the catalog was auto generated, and then I had to go in and manually add all the images and texts. So some items might been in the wrong category depending on how habbo decided to categorise them in the furnidata. But everything should exist and I've tried my best to organise it and categorise the themes accordingly.

PS. The git repository is currently private while I'm still working on redoing all the old features from when I refactored the core code. I'll update it once I feel the different versions are more substantial.

Roper

Ancient Member
Jul 4, 2010
Catalog is now working after spending ages trying to figure out why it wasn't (hint: I was being an idiot). The catalog is setup so that it can handle multiple different modes, modes being the normal catalog, builders club and any other additional modes you'd want in the future. This means not only does builders club work but if you ever wanted a dedicated catalog for VIP members or event items, this can easily be achieved by creating a new catalog mode.

Next up on my list is handling purchasing items, which I'm planning to handle via different independent purchase handlers depending on the item type, "s", "i", "r," "b" ext.

adc9c88116dc76d81bbb31a4cc3f5f0e.png

8e8ac34904829d863b04f291f99d9a10.png

Also note that the catalog was auto generated, and then I had to go in and manually add all the images and texts. So some items might been in the wrong category depending on how habbo decided to categorise them in the furnidata. But everything should exist and I've tried my best to organise it and categorise the themes accordingly.

PS. The git repository is currently private while I'm still working on redoing all the old features from when I refactored the core code. I'll update it once I feel the different versions are more substantial.
Awesome progress by the looks of it - Builders Club sounds good too!

Users who are viewing this thread