Show DevBest Speed Coding

Kristo

Website & Software Developer
Feb 5, 2015
Hi All,

I have recently started speed coding episodes on youtube. I am looking for some opinions on this.

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Uhm, good to see some coding in this section, but what is actually the purpose of "Speed Coding"? Besides people watching you code a template that is sped up.
* You're not really coding from scratch, if you're using a framework/library.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,
This is hardly coding a template. I am not designing it for template purposes if that is what you mean. I am simply coding it for a friends website and thought I could record it and speed it up for some entertainment on my youtube channel.

I do however understand your stated points in the above comment and you are by all means entitled to your own opinion (Especially considering I asked for opinions). When I refer to coding from scratch I generally mean that I am not following a template already created by another developer, but again I completely understand where you are coming from.

Regards,
Kris
Kristovision Media
wwww.kristovisionmedia.com​

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016
Hardly coding a template though? I am coding a web page. It's not designed to be a template if that's what your meaning.

The point of it? I wanted to produce it and share it with people which is what I have done.
Well, I think you've misunderstood what I meant. What's the purpose of the video and "speed coding" concept? :p
Happy coding though!

Deezi

I have a custom title
Nov 14, 2016
I thought speed code, ment that you've sped up the video(?)
I thought atleast you make the website look good(?)

Edit: I do understand this is episode 1, but still

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
Well, I think you've misunderstood what I meant. What's the purpose of the video and "speed coding" concept? :p
I realised that after I wrote the comment and just edited it. I would say the point of it from my view is that it is entertainment, however, everybodys concept of entertainment is different.

Regards,
Kris
Kristovision Media

I thought speed code, ment that you've sped up the video(?)
I thought atleast you make the website look good(?)

Edit: I do understand this is episode 1, but still
Hi,

Yeah it is, however, I was just making it into episodes as I have chosen to do that. I suppose it is how I prefer to do things.

Regards,
Kris
Kristovision Media

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
You should consider . It's a great plugin that I'm sure would be available on Sublime, I use it on Brackets.

It allows you to speed up your coding by writing shortcuts to code, so where you've wrote:
Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
In Emmet, you could write:
Code:
meta:vp
...press Tab and it writes out the line for you.

It's handy if you already know how to write/structure those lines, it saves the whole boring routine of having to write them out each time.

You can also do things like
Code:
div.lmao>ul>(li>a[href="index.html"])*3
And when you press tab, it would print out
Code:
<div class="lmao">
    <ul>
        <li><a href="index.html"></a></li>
    </ul>
</div>

Kristo

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,

Cheers for the advice mate. I will definitely check this out as it will speed up my coding process and allow me to be a lot more productive when it comes to development.

Regards,
Kris
Kristovision Media

Users who are viewing this thread