Soup Index (from Scratch)

Dec 7, 2016
I don't know much about website development yet, I've been learning it through YouTube tutorials and W3Schools for just over a week now and I decided to take a shot at creating my own Index page from scratch. I know it's nothing impressive, I named it "soup" because I was eating soup during it's creation.. I've not checked but I did set it up so it should be compatible on mobiles and such..

Anyway here is a Screenshot:
Soup.png

I know some features are missing like "online users", I won't be completing it just yet.

I appreciate any constructive criticism you have to offer, I know it's not amazing, I was trying to go for a sorta "old school, everything square" theme.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Reminds me of Minecraft honestly. I don't like it, the background is ugly. You should change the register to a different page also... it'll look neater.

Dec 7, 2016
Looks pretty hot, but I would change the font to something nicer
Awhh Thanks! It's my first time making a website so it's not perfect but I'm proud of it :] - and yeah, I hate the font too ;p

Did you just use content from one of the material packs you can find? For the footer/header & background, etc?
I created it all from scratch, the cloudy background image is from some-kind of Habbo website.

Reminds me of Minecraft honestly. I don't like it, the background is ugly. You should change the register to a different page also... it'll look neater.
As I said I was going for a blocky, old school theme but yeah, it's pretty basic. As for the register and login being on the same page, I actually like the idea so I went with it. I'm pretty new to web development but I'm starting a course for it in august 2017, so yeah, this is just me beginning, I hope I can improve c:

Users who are viewing this thread