SoccerManager.com [Devbest league]

Would you be interested?

• Total voters

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Do you enjoy Football (Soccer) Manager games? Such as FM11/12/13 etc... Fifa, Or even Online FM style games such as Hattrick/Soccer Manager

I was thinking of starting up a custom league created for Devbest Members,
For this to be properly successful, it would need a minimum of 12 people as we can have 2 leagues or even 1 big league (multiple leagues would be more fun and add the extra bit of excitement to it along with bragging rights)

How does this work?
Basically when i create the league, I can set all the game teams (so you can be who you want unless somebody else has that team) i can decided if we have 1/2/3 leagues (depending on the amount of players that are interested)
Im hoping that we can gather an active bunch of members as im thinking about possibly awarding league/cup winners with Forum Sub (maybe an award if we can working something out with Rasta)

How long will i need to spend on the game?
This will vary, you can either come online once a day or even 4/5 times a day to manage your team, transfers etc...
If i remember correctly matches are every 4 days so you do not have to be online everyday if you do not want to as you can pre-define your team and tactics etc...

Please complete the Poll :)

If I do get enough people that would be interested, i will create a new thread which is where you will be able to select your team

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
I sometimes play Football Manager (been playing since FM06) with my dad because he gets bored and tend to always make good games.

I'd be up for it ;)

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Sounds like a greet idea! I would sure to be involved :p
Good to know

I sometimes play Football Manager (been playing since FM06) with my dad because he gets bored and tend to always make good games.

I'd be up for it ;)

Yeh i started out with Premier Manager 99 i used to play that as a kid with my dad, then slowly moved across to FM.
I used to play SoccerManager myself but when i left college the lads i had a league with all left and cba anymore

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
I've been on these sorta' games for ages, but to do it with people I know and like - This could be awesome. Plus, some kind of bragging right would have to be involved. ;)

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Good to know

Yeh i started out with Premier Manager 99 i used to play that as a kid with my dad, then slowly moved across to FM.
I used to play SoccerManager myself but when i left college the lads i had a league with all left and cba anymore
Well been playing since FM2006 came out but I've really started playing properly as a kid on like FM'02.

Favorite is FM'04 (Best graphics etc), but if this actually does come along tag me in whichever thread.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Sweeters, yeh basically you can be any team in the world (no duplicates though) so what i will be doing when it comes to team selection is to list 5 teams in order that you wish to be and you will have a team selected from your top 5.
My aim is to get 2 leagues (3 if enough people are interested) as this will add to the game, as obviously League 1 would be the best team(s) and the lower divisions would be where the lower players can play catch up and get promoted etc...
On game start, if i remember correctly the leagues are randomized meaning I/we have no control over which team starts in what league so i cannot fix it by putting myself there or others

Bragging rights would be fun, as its all browser based rather than having to add everyone on live/psn for a fifa tournament or something

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
We need to get this sorted a.s.a.p!
Im gonna give it some more time so more people can see the thread and hopefully gain some more interest.
Basically im looking for an active bunch that will play it

Upon making a the game and inviting you to your club you will need to add my ingame user ( ) as a friend so i am able to send the club request to you.
Another thing, when i have made the league i suggest you accept the Club asap as people will be able to buy your players without you accepting/rejecting (transfer take around 24 hours to process i think)

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
Im gonna give it some more time so more people can see the thread and hopefully gain some more interest.

Upon making a the game and inviting you to your club you will need to add my ingame user (ill add this at a later date) as a friend so i am able to send the club request to you.
Another thing, when i have made the league i suggest you accept the Club asap as people will be able to buy your players without you accepting/rejecting (transfer take around 24 hours to process i think)
Ah, seems legit.

And I've added you via your link, and I'm looking forward to this!

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011

Upon making a the game and inviting you to your club you will need to add my ingame user ( ) as a friend so i am able to send the club request to you.

Added, I have no clue what to do after that so let me know!

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Accepted you both, for now i suggest you take a look around, maybe explore the site.
Maybe join a league? and have a look at how its played/layed out etc...

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Seems a good idea, used to play Football Manager back in the day, I've signed up and might join. I'd suggest you let this idea flow a bit longer (as you suggested) to gain more interest and let users explore it, but seems a decent idea. :p

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Thats good, so far we have 15 yes and 3 maybes so a potential 18 players.
Im currently looking at the game setup and im thinking of possibly having 3 leagues with 8 teams in each league (2 matches per team)
Either 2 or 3 will be promoted/relegated each season

Users who are viewing this thread