Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Nice, good luck on this project.

Can't wait to use this. ;).

Thank you!

If anyone has any idea's for functions for the CMS, just say so, I'll see what I can do, and add it to the to-do list.
Also, if anyone could help me with the dashboard login system, it would be much appreciated.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I think I'm gonna take a look into sUS from to check how he did stuff like "Forgot password" etc. Also I'm going to try to edit the dashboard login.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
That theme you're using is nice, goodluck with it!
Thanks. Still looking for someone to make a little template for the release.

However, I took a look into sUS from and I started working on the blog catagory's. I'm also taking a look into securing the CMS against exploits. When the base is finished, I will start learning OOP and make a version 2.0

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Do you have a demo for now? Or more screenshots
I'll set up a demo now. 
Demo set-up is complete:
However I still need to translate most of the Admin panel, you can check how it works.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Looks brilliant! Can't wait for these GeenStij!
Thank you!

I fully translated the CMS to English, and I also added the $site_name variable to use in the website title tags. I also would appreciate if you guys could search for bugs/exploits etc, or give me new ideas to code into the CMS.

I'm also thinking about publicing it on GitHub, but I will only do that if other developers are willing to make contributions towards the CMS.

Demo ->
Admin demo -> (Login with: Demo/dev_demo) 
Alright, so I hated the current design of my website (its a DevBest release) and the CMS standard template. So I'm now working on a Windows 8 Start Screen kind-a lay-out.

I got bored with the current way of coding it, and the past few weeks I have been learning OOP and better mapping of the files. So I am going to leave it with this version, and start with SmashCMS V2 asap, this time fully English, OOP and better file mapping. Also using a new theme.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Any updates on this project, ?
Actually, yes. However I'm gonna redo everything with another goal. The name will remain though, because I have renamed my old project. You can follow progress on smashindustry.com as that will be the site I will be testing everything on.

Currently I've done:
- Basic registering based on IP (I have plans for this, but I need to work them out);
- Started logging actions;
- Implented my 404 error system into the CMS (gonna be expanding this to other errors aswell);
- Language system;
- And I've started working on the Dashboard, which can be found here: (currently only the login page, with help from - thank you!).

Gonna be working on the Dashboard tomorrow.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Actually, yes. However I'm gonna redo everything with another goal. The name will remain though, because I have renamed my old project. You can follow progress on smashindustry.com as that will be the site I will be testing everything on.

Currently I've done:
- Basic registering based on IP (I have plans for this, but I need to work them out);
- Started logging actions;
- Implented my 404 error system into the CMS (gonna be expanding this to other errors aswell);
- Language system;
- And I've started working on the Dashboard, which can be found here: (currently only the login page, with help from - thank you!).

Gonna be working on the Dashboard tomorrow.

I see, well that's not bad for a start to be honest.
All trough i don't recommand logging all the actions, only the most important ones such as (settings update....).
Also, using Outlook's style isn't a good idea (i would suggest using Bootstrap, even tough it's so mainstream but it's still good to use), but it really looks sexy as hell, keep it up!

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I see, well that's not bad for a start to be honest.
All trough i don't recommand logging all the actions, only the most important ones such as (settings update....).
Also, using Outlook's style isn't a good idea (i would suggest using Bootstrap, even tough it's so mainstream but it's still good to use), but it really looks sexy as hell, keep it up!

Thank you, I've done a lot of thinking on how to do some things for it to be unique. And I will only log important query's, not like which page they visited.

And why not use Outlook? Like you said, Bootstrap is to mainstream. As I'm a Microsoft fanboy, and the main website looks like Windows 8, this is good enough. Maybe I will use something else if it doesn't turn out like I want it to be, or add a template system.

Jan 17, 2012
I think the dashboard looks...dashing. I'm glad you chose that layout, and thanks to too. :)

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
I think the dashboard looks...dashing. I'm glad you chose that layout, and thanks to too. :)
Thank you!

I've started a new thread as this one is out-dated, and I submitted it as an community project:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread