Skyrim

buzzybee

Legend
Jun 10, 2010
I recently bought this game, and I personally would have to say this is the best game I have ever played. I think this game will make Game of The Year. I am currently level 10, and am an Imperial. Have any of you bought and played this game?

If you haven't, this game is an RPG, where you can basically do whatever you want. You can do side-missions, do the story line, join alliances, buy houses, horses, become a werewolf/vampire. There is so much to do in this game that it has been said that to actually finish EVERYTHING in the game would take 400 hours of gameplay!

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
Terrible interface for PC, it's cringe worthy. Plus tons of graphical bugs with the lighting. In addition to this the physics also tend to fail awfully. I've played the game and it's a really good RPG, with loads to do and a very deep story line. Although I tend to fine a quest line interests me and I can play for 3 hours, but when it ends I'm not sure what to do next. I also like the way guards will reference events such as you becoming a werewolf, or if you follow the mage quest line being talked about. However these choices don't really change the story line more than, well now you're Archmage! And well now you're Lord of everything! Which just seems like a lazy method of story telling. I also think that the developers should of made more of an effort to explain the universe, as many people probably will not have played the previous game, Oblivion and even less would have played Morrowind. It will probably make Game of the Year, between this and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 'oh good another half-assed squeal to make money off of' 3.

Fox

Nov 25, 2011
Yea, on PC, it's only really worth playing in 3rd person mode because of the unorthodox movement mechanisms. I'm disappointed in the lack of character development (as previously stated, it's mainly just getting accolades with a few perks along the way). While character customization is certainly better than other RPG's, the clothes you pick up and jewelry that looks cool is useless as you need the armor to survive. (This brings me thoughts of the Cash Shop in MS, where your aesthetic items are placed over your practical items, allowing you to retain your stats, but keep looking sharp). I think Bethesda should look to Source for their engine, and look to BioWare to their Character Development. With the source engine, physics and movement is relatable to real life (bar Gmod + noclipping), and with BioWare, I create characters that I'm proud to say, "That's my Shepard\Hawke".

Macheath

Jul 17, 2011
As far as I know Bioware RPGs don't allow you to change their clothing to make them more pretty or whatever. And the character customization is more detailed on Skyrim than on Mass Effect 1&2. And the only game I know which is 3D and allows you to do something like that is World of Warcrafts transmogrification. Source is very expensive to develop a AAA title and you're very limited to what you can do as a developer. Plus it has limited portability to consoles so you would write a game engine for Xbox&PS3 and PC, which would be time consuming and require a whole new set of developers. Both making the game more expensive to develop, causing more risks and higher prices on shipment for PC. I don't know about you, but I quite like paying under $60 for PC games, while loling at the console gamers who can spend up to $70 on release.

buzzybee

Legend
Jun 10, 2010
Right now I play it on the Xbox 360, as I have not tried it on PC. I have not experienced any flaws during this time.

Users who are viewing this thread