Simple, Clean Index & Register [RevCMS]

Should I make a full CMS theme for both R63 and R63B?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleep

PHP - HTML - CSS - JAVA ✔
Oct 19, 2012
@Brontes created a development thread for Wrex CMS and then shorty after he ditched the project for a number of reasons.
I had nothing to do with my time so I re-designed Brontes index page, edited a lot of CSS and made my own register page. I plan to make a whole CMS using this theme if people like it. Please leave honest feedback so I know what to improve on, starting my coding again and I thought I'd start like this. Constructive criticism please.

There is no logo as I couldn't find a place that looked right, feel free to edit the code and try yourself.

Index:
a7iw.png

Register:
i5fd.png

Buttons on the register page have been a problem for me, I tried to make them as attractive as I can.

Virus Check:

Thank you.

Attachments

• Index & Register.zip
    81.2 KB · Views: 196

TruCluez

Posting Freak
Oct 14, 2013
Nice i like it
10/10 the u did a change from other indexs other usually align the login info in the middle but you did it on da side gud job.

Also please release yur revcms theme name is da SeaTheme or Blue theme. Even Ocean theme

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Id ditch the 4 key security key just in case you do make your own cms . there isn't a reason for developers to make more fields then nessary. ;P also I like it!!

Wouto

Posting Freak
FindRetros Moderator
May 31, 2011
I don't mind the index, although the register is ugly. The buttons should be curved with a white font instead of black in my opinion. Good job though lol

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I'm sorry but i just can't help myself here.

You removed the top bar, changed an image and moved the online users box. Solid Effort. For god sakes, you didn't even try to rewrite the css, you downloaded his index and added/edited a few classes.

No you shouldn't make a cms from this, you should learn how to write your own pages from scratch first rather than making minor edits.

What makes me laugh even more is, its evident that you made that register page because you don't even know how to use the same button class that BRONTES used on the index.

I praise @Brontes for making this, not you.

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013

You removed the top bar, changed an image and moved the online users box. Solid Effort. For god sakes, you didn't even try to rewrite the css, you downloaded his index and added/edited a few classes.
No you shouldn't make a cms from this, you should learn how to write your own pages from scratch first rather than making minor edits.

What makes me laugh even more is, its evident that you made that register page because you don't even know how to use the same button class that BRONTES used on the index.

Hey Buddy, I gave him permission to further it, I guess he tried. I've seen Bleep code and he's really quite good also.
I've started a new project anyway.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
Pretty sure i've seen this before on RZ mid year of 2012, none the less. Looks good, have to agree the register doesn't look that good.

VaginaMuncher

Chilling with me bitch Fiona
Mar 17, 2013
Pretty sure i've seen this before on RZ mid year of 2012, none the less. Looks good, have to agree the register doesn't look that good.
I can give you proof if you so wish? Check the code. It's all my work, I also made a development thread which can be found here:

Your point is invalid. I took the time to make this but I couldn't find the spare time to complete it or want to complete it.

If your confused? I created this development, Jamie furthered it and created register/minor edits. You got any queries feel free to pm me.

Bleep

Oct 19, 2012

Queef, I've altered the CMS to my liking. I asked for constructive criticism.
I do know how to make the same button, I would use the same CSS he used for his button, I just didn't have time and I thought the buttons would be fine for now.
Thank you Ryan for letting me alter this.
Also, this is Before and After:

fzVYVGb.png

After:
84b5.png

I can give you proof if you so wish? Check the code. It's all my work, I also made a development thread which can be found here:

Your point is invalid. I took the time to make this but I couldn't find the spare time to complete it or want to complete it.

If your confused? I created this development, Jamie furthered it and created register/minor edits. You got any queries feel free to pm me.
He's getting confused with the bootstrap layout.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Queef, I've altered the CMS to my liking. I asked for constructive criticism.
I do know how to make the same button, I would use the same CSS he used for his button, I just didn't have time and I thought the buttons would be fine for now.
Thank you Ryan for letting me alter this, but Queef you're a cunt. Learn to read.

What exactly do you want me to learn to read? If you were a true developer like you claim in your avatar image you would know that all you would have to do to style that button is add the same button class="" that is on the index page.

Correction, you have edited an index page of a revcms theme to your liking, your a long way from editing the cms.

I don't care what you asked for, when you release something, especially something like this, you're not always going to get "constructive criticism". If you can't handle comments like mine without having to insult me, don't bother releasing it at all.

Bleep

Oct 19, 2012
What exactly do you want me to learn to read? If you were a true developer like you claim in your avatar image you would know that all you would have to do to style that button is add the same button class="" that is on the index page.

Correction, you have edited an index page of a revcms theme to your liking, your a long way from editing the cms.

I don't care what you asked for, when you release something, especially something like this, you're not always going to get "constructive criticism". If you can't handle comments like mine without having to insult me, don't bother releasing it at all.
Right.

One, what Ryan released was not a CMS it was a theme like this one. I do not intend to edit RevCMS; it's perfect how it is.
Two, I really don't want to argue. I'd rather learn from my mistakes than be berated by users. Is it really that hard to write constructive criticism?
Three, Moderators, can you clean and close this thread please. @Canadian @Sledmore @Markshall @Kaz

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Closed on request and cleaned.
Let me know if you wish for this to be re-opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread