shoutbox update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Apparently people can't see the redbox enough so here's my idea, before you can talk in the SB, there's arrows blocking the shoutbox pointing to the big red box, and once you click a button (something like accept or whatever) the arrows go away and you can see. Maybe everytime you load the SB it opens, or it pops up every 24 hours.

@RastaLulz
@Kryptos
@Canadian
@Olympian

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I agree on both.
A better thing could be just like what happens when you say a rival forum's name, but instead of bleeping it out, it just doesn't say it at all, and a box ops up saying "No habbo talk in the shoutbox, read the red box!"

@RastaLulz I think this is a better idea than either of the previous ones because it's not intrusive to the other users and there's no risk of people getting power hungry @Wess

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Just gonna tag him for the 100th time @RastaLulz
Most likely he will say no to the user /vote ban <user>
but it is a good idea

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Members banning other members is "never" going to happen. The red box is visible to see enough to get the message across.

Here are my ideas;

Place the red warning box on top of the shoutbox. (After looking back at it, it's still easy to read).
Filter Habbo from being written in the shoutbox.
Remove Habbo from our sections replace with official minecraft, give gaming a bigger spotlight.

Bye bye Habbo and other annoying spam.
?

Last edited:

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Vouch for Kryptos's suggestion.

Members banning other members is "never" going to happen. The red box is visible to see enough to get the message across.

The red box might be visible but the amount of habtards not following the warning is far out of a hand, and with no online staff, it's a mess, there aren't enough staff online all the time to keep track of the newfags spamming the shit out of the shoutbox or speaking of habbo-related stuff and so on (just like yesterday and pretty much all the time)...

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013

Here are my ideas;

Place the red warning box on top of the shoutbox. (After looking back at it, it's still easy to read).
Filter Habbo from being written in the shoutbox.
Remove Habbo from our sections replace with official minecraft, give gaming a bigger spotlight.

Bye bye Habbo and other annoying spam.
?
But 1/8 of Devbest Population is full of habbotards :(

- You're going off-topic, please stick to the thread title.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Vouch for Kryptos's suggestion.

The red box might be visible but the amount of habtards not following the warning is far out of a hand, and with no online staff, it's a mess, there aren't enough staff online all the time to keep track of the newfags spamming the shit out of the shoutbox or speaking of habbo-related stuff and so on (just like yesterday and pretty much all the time)...

Agreed, there isn't much we can do apart from just ban when we're online. Reporting members with screen shots, We have American staff and English staff so there should be staff online almost 24/7 really. Roughly what time does this normally occur?

No matter what the reason is members will never have commands inside the shoutbox is what I'm trying to rule out.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Roughly what time does this normally occur?

Yesterday about 1AM I think, some fag started spamming the shoutbox with threads about his forum and also making loads of threads advertising it (I already reported it, yes, it's the report you just resolved), the only staff online was Legion and he couldn't do anything because the dude wasn't posting in his section.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Yesterday about 1AM I think, some fag started spamming the shoutbox with threads about his forum and also making loads of threads advertising it (I already reported it, yes, it's the report you just resolved), the only staff online was Legion and he couldn't do anything because the dude wasn't posting in his section.

Suppose that's normal banter for a forum. We'll always have tards spamming no matter how many staff/power we have.

Jeffrey

FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Legion had Banned him with 10 warning points :3 and He also posted in the Habbo Section which Legion Took care of and i also told our lovely Canadian, and he Forwarded it Sledmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread