Should I Switch to Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomRyan

Nov 7, 2013
Hey, my contact is almost up and thinking of getting a Android phone. (Nexus 5)

My iPhone 4S has seen better days, and thinking of switching to Android, I heard positive views on it. (Nexus 5)

I'm really getting sick of Apple and their phones are overpriced.

Can the android do better then Apple? Please give me your thoughts on Android and what phone I should get.

Thanks!!

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
Android is so much better.

Have you checked out the new Motorolo Android Phone? Voted better than iPhone and the phone is less than half the price of a iPhone. Not to mention it comes with the latest Android 4.4 KitKat!

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
I don't really think Android is good anymore as for the application crashing but I'm still having Jellybean and at least the interface is better than the gingerbread.

The application crashing is just annoying and it can not depend on how many RAM you have on your phone because even when you have the highest RAM on your phone the applications will still crash because it's either taking over so many MB or it's just not good and it requires fixing to get it finally this way that it won't crash anymore.

I've totally lost my emerge over Android.

Going to try to install Kit kat pretty soon via the samsung Air.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
I don't really think Android is good anymore as for the application crashing but I'm still having Jellybean and at least the interface is better than the gingerbread.

The application crashing is just annoying and it can not depend on how many RAM you have on your phone because even when you have the highest RAM on your phone the applications will still crash because it's either taking over so many MB or it's just not good and it requires fixing to get it finally this way that it won't crash anymore.

I've totally lost my emerge over Android.

Going to try to install Kit kat pretty soon via the samsung Air.

What phone do you have?
I never have applications crash?

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
I do have application crashing and so does my sister as well as my mother we're all running and Android 4.1 now on a GT-19070 which does not matter afterall because all should do and the most common crashes are on Youtube and Twitter. Whatsapp and what not are not crashing at all.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
I do have application crashing and so does my sister as well as my mother we're all running and Android 4.1 now on a GT-19070 which does not matter afterall because all should do and the most common crashes are on Youtube and Twitter. Whatsapp and what not are not crashing at all.

Oh right, I've never had an application crash to be honest.
Maybe you should try Updating your Android version as well, that would help. 4.1 is old.
Not to mention your phone is quite old and I actually don't think you can upgrade beyond 4.1 unless you can find a rom for it.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
Some Phones aren't able to upgrade to 4.4 I think.

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
I've actually contacted T-Mobile about it and I've tried calling some stores an the some stores have said that I'm not able to go further than 3.2.1 and I was actually able to move to 4.1 so 4.4 Should be no problem.

Just gonna try now I'm sure it's gonna work just gotta tweak some things out.

Spoderman

y u do dis 2 me
Jun 30, 2013
I've actually contacted T-Mobile about it and I've tried calling some stores an the some stores have said that I'm not able to go further than 3.2.1 and I was actually able to move to 4.1 so 4.4 Should be no problem.

Just gonna try now I'm sure it's gonna work just gotta tweak some things out.
You'll need to install android 4.4 cyanogen mod 11 build 4 I think it is.

Some Phones aren't able to upgrade to 4.4 I think.
Yeh, it's mainly on the top phones, but on a lot of phones that can't get it quite yet have ROMs available online to get it.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
If u really want a android phone, this -- Lenovo, Samsung & Nexus. But Nexus in my country is not popular, and second value is very low.

Tomdot

Sep 7, 2013
Do not get a Android phone. Had one before for like 2/3 years, absolute piece of shit. iPhone is so much better and will actually save you a lot of money. The Android phone is so shit for going on the internet, takes so long to load a webpage and it takes so much quicker on the iPhone.

This shouldn't even be a question.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
As you see in this very thread, there are issues with getting the latest software on Android. This means that getting something as simple as a security patch would take some time on Android (from OEMs, not stock). iOS has a very rich ecosystem, the largest app store, automatic updates, better theft protection (Find my iPhone + Activation Lock), and Apple gives great support. If you're in favor of heavy customization, go with Android - if not, iOS 7 (on an iPhone 5 or newer) will do you great.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
As you see in this very thread, there are issues with getting the latest software on Android. This means that getting something as simple as a security patch would take some time on Android (from OEMs, not stock). iOS has a very rich ecosystem, the largest app store, automatic updates, better theft protection (Find my iPhone + Activation Lock), and Apple gives great support. If you're in favor of heavy customization, go with Android - if not, iOS 7 (on an iPhone 5 or newer) will do you great.
Yeah agreed, I had both iOS and Android. Currently using iPhone 5S, its working great ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread