Shock CMS, Register and logout issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Hellu! So I'm trying to get this shockcms crap up and running because I want to spend some time fixing it up. I have, however, encountered a few issues that seriously are bugging the frick out of me.
1. When you finish the register, it creates the account, but doesn't sign you in. // It doesn't redirect you at all.
2. When you try to logout, the page turns blank and does nothing (in IE it throws a 500 Internal Server error).
There are no logged errors from the logout attempts other than "this mysql function will be removed in the future, update to mysqli".

Does anyone know what can be the cause of this? I don't want a lecture on how shit the cms is, I want some suggestions on what to do to fix this. I have seen a thread with the same problems, but no proper answer - so instead of bumping that thread, I created by own.

I'm using IIS with PHP 5.6 if that matters.
Thanks for any help <3_<3

Update: Problem solved. Disabled MUS, which seemed to have done it. Why, I have no flippin' idea.

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
So I'm trying to get this shockcms crap up and running because I want to spend some time fixing it up.
ShockCMS was coded by a group of very intelligent PHP coders. I was friends, and still talk to the people who originally coded this CMS. This CMS was based off Uber and Translated to Rev. When it was translated to Rev that's when the CMS became shit. I was shown a few things "behind the scenes" into Shock Hotel's housekeeping. It was very user friendly, simple and it had a sleek design.

IIS was what Shock was using while hosting this hotel...

Maybe you shouldn't be working on the cms if you can't even fix little things...

1) It just takes you back to login page, make it redirect to me page and it will log them in after registery...
2) Create a logout page lmao

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe I was unclear, or you're just dumb. There is a logout page, but it does jack shit. It's blank in chrome and firefox, but gives/shows the 500 internal error in IE.
1) It just takes you back to login page, make it redirect to me page and it will log them in after registery...
Edit2: That didn't make alot of sense to me. Let me rephrase: It doesn't redirect you at all.

Brag all you want about talking to the creators, but it still doesn't solve the problems. Nicholas (the main dev of this if I remember correctly) pretty clearly stated that this cms wasn't good. Now how you can say something else is beyond me.

Edit; Last time I checked, I wasn't using a rev theme. So why you even brought that up.... makes, yet again, no sense to me.

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Maybe I was unclear, or you're just dumb. There is a logout page, but it does jack shit. It's blank in chrome and firefox, but gives/shows the 500 internal error in IE.

Edit2: That didn't make alot of sense to me. Let me rephrase: It doesn't redirect you at all.

Brag all you want about talking to the creators, but it still doesn't solve the problems. Nicholas (the main dev of this if I remember correctly) pretty clearly stated that this cms wasn't good. Now how you can say something else is beyond me.

Edit; Last time I checked, I wasn't using a rev theme. So why you even brought that up.... makes, yet again, no sense to me.
Check the code? Either its taking you to url/logout and not url/logout.php or theres nothing in the logout php file

Shatter

Selling Dedicated Servers
Jan 8, 2014
Check the code? Either its taking you to url/logout and not url/logout.php or theres nothing in the logout php file
Off topic: I'm really curious as to why you go around bashing people within the forums constantly like you're some Pro Coder? Every comment is yours is invalid until you get your attitude in check.

On topic: OP, please check rival forums because there was a specific ShockCMS fixes thread made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread