Setting Up VPS For a Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
Hey.
Currently, I'm trying to install a blog on my VPS and my domain and I have issues within it.
So, I've installed IIS correctly. Domain points to IP but when I do canyouseeme.org for port 80, I get connection timed out.
Domain registered by namecheap. Domain is
VPS is provided by amazon's free vps' (i am so poor atm.)
I've added inbound and outbound rules for ports 80 and 443 aswell. both allowing connections..

So I couldn't get it working.
Any help appreciated.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Alright so I'm going to be honest, you open up threads every time whilest 99% of your issues can be found online. Besides that, you're clearly out of your league. There are loads free shared webhosting sites out there which you can use, just google free webhosting.

Anyways, if you really want to do it like this, read up on the tutorials found online:

There's really not much else we can do, certainly with the information you provide. Atleast provide screens of how you configured opening your ports in the firewall.

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
Alright so I'm going to be honest, you open up threads every time whilest 99% of your issues can be found online. Besides that, you're clearly out of your league. There are loads free shared webhosting sites out there which you can use, just google free webhosting.

Anyways, if you really want to do it like this, read up on the tutorials found online:

There's really not much else we can do, certainly with the information you provide. Atleast provide screens of how you configured opening your ports in the firewall.
and

Berk

berkibap#4233
Developer
Oct 17, 2015
Yes I did. I'm doing it at the moment.
Did you even check the link I added?

F

Fixed this. Thanks!

MayoMayn

BestDev
Oct 18, 2016

Yeah, I see. First 5 links either exactly explain what you need to do or mention where you needed to look.
For a better research purpose, use something that was actually created for that.

If you search for anything related to coding, webservers or so on, the accepted Stackoverflow answer will pop up right underneath the search box.
And they don't track you like Google does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread