Setting up my Desktop with a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integers

Soon to be Developer!
Sep 22, 2012
Hey I just got a HD 32" TV and I was wondering how would I set it up so that I can use the TV as a monitor as my monitor is having some problems and I need something to replace it.

ProLegitZ

Jacob is here bitch !
May 11, 2012
Hey I just got a HD 32" TV and I was wondering how would I set it up so that I can use the TV as a monitor as my monitor is having some problems and I need something to replace it.
Most TVS are simple,
connect it then go into
HDMI 1
HDMI 2
or TV
or PC

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Well, for mine what I've done was connect my VGA port from the back of my computer into my TV. And as far are sound, you'll need a double ended 3.5mm jack audio/video cable if you want sound from your computer. However, I have my Turtle Beaches constantly hooked up so I don't use my cable. Also, when you go to change settings on your TV, find "input" or "source" on the remote and change it to PC. REMEMBER: Make sure your TV has a VGA port (I'm sure you know this, but some people forget to look).

Or like Ethan said, if your motherboard has a HDMI port, just connect it from your PC to your TV rather than a VGA cable.

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
If your graphics card has a HDMI output available then you can simply use that alongside your TV. It should cover sound also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread