Server Question

H2OPolo

Sik Hotel Closing till RevEMU comes out :)
Jul 29, 2012
What does having a sever do?
What are the pros and cons?
Where should I get a server?

Thanks,
H2OPolo

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
There are many types of server's... it'd be appropriate if you stated what kind of server.

NSA

sudo apt-get thefuckout.tar.gz
Dec 9, 2011
You can download a Minecraft server straight from the Minecraft website.

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
What does having a sever do? Servers make it fun to play a private server with your friends online, or have random people join and donating money for VIP

What are the pros and cons?
PRO: IF your server is good lots of people will join and some will pay you money to be VIP
CON: You have to buy the server in the first place to put it online and you have to pay each month

Where should I get a server?

You download the server from either the main website, or you can get different versions like Bukkit
You also buy a VPS (The thing that puts the server online). Which you can get from many websites

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
All depends on the type of server you wish to have, from regular vanilla // survival, tekkit, pvp, etc. Each server will require different expectations from the vps you buy, plugins you may use, pros // cons, the community of people you get.

Robbo

Cooked unit
Jan 5, 2013
What does having a sever do? Gives you control of the server and gives you something to do when your on your pc.
What are the pros and cons? Pros, you can make a sum of money off making a minecraft server if you add the right plugins and have a good dedicated server / specs. Cons: hackers now and then come on and you may at one stage get your server hit offline or yourself aswell it could turn into a big situation but shouldnt.
Where should I get a server? Multiplay

Users who are viewing this thread