Seeking Website Developer for $$ [HTML,CSS,PHP,Ajax]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clideh

Jun 17, 2012
The Story
Basically, I was contacted through a Friend recently by a man requiring my help. I went to speak to him and he spoke to me about how he operated a Website a few years ago that was pretty succesful. Sadly he suffered a stroke whilst on the plane coming back to England which resulted in him loosing the ability to read or write.
He wanted me to help him get his Website back online, he's been trying for years but because of his very poor health, people have been taking advantage by taking his money to do the Website but never providing a result. Basically cowboys. He provided me with a USB with the Data on, I said I'd try my best to help him.
After reviewing the files, I noticed there was a lot missing and some files had been corrupted. I asked for a 'clean' copy but we got told that the entire backup is corrupted. So this has left us in a bad position.
What is required?
Although, a lot of files are missing, it is possible to ressurect them by replicating a stolen version of the Website. I however don't have the skills to attempt this, so I have brought forth the opportunity to the Community, in hope I'll find some body.
How much will I get paid?
Please note, I'm not being paied anything by the man I was doing this for, I was doing it because I felt sorry for him, he needed help.
I want to make him happy again, just to be able to show him on my laptop would be awesome.
I respect all you Developers and your ability, therefore amount of payment will depend on quality and how fast you can deliver. I'd like to get a live version up as soon as possible even if it's within development, just to show him things are progressing.
Estimated Payment: £50-£100
What can you provide to make Development easier?
I can provide the files I have, It does have a lot including the database etc..
What do I basically need to replicate?
Pretty much the Website functioning and some PHP Files, you will need to study the Website and see how it works and replicate it. Perhaps you could even improve how the Website works, afterall it was developed in 2007 and since then the development world has progressed a lot more.

If you think you can help me, post below. If you need anymore information, feel free to ask. I will get back to you.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
So, if I understand correctly, tosoll.com is the website which needs updating, or what?

Clideh

Jun 17, 2012
My condolences to you friend. Good luck with the site.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

So in fact the project is to rip off another site?
No, tosoll.com is a 'stolen version' Basically, the man who owns it was paied to help get the website back online again, but instead stole the data and uploaded his version and named it tosoll.com, the original was called tosol.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread