Seasoned Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
Good evening,

I visit numerous forums, not as many Habbo related, or really any game based platform. This suggestion would be about creating a new usergroup for those who have been apart of Devbest for a specified amount of time. I would mainly refer to those who registered in 2010 like myself. Perhaps this shouldn't be considered as VIP but have a few nicer specs than regular users, but not as advanced as someone who paid for VIP. What do you guys think?

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
I miss that by a year :(

Even though I was on DevBest back when it was vBulletin, forgot the login tho.

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
I miss that by a year :(

Even though I was on DevBest back when it was vBulletin, forgot the login tho.
Perhaps you could be moved into the usergroup if your registration date is beyond three years. Which would mean, only one more year until you would get the "upgrade". Two years seems a bit premature, and five years.. well we've not got that far yet. Just my two cents. Thank you for the reply though.

TesoMayn

Boredom, it vexes me.
Oct 30, 2011
Josh is probably going to say something about the 500+ messages and you enter a different usergroup though.

Just a guess ;P

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
Josh is probably going to say something about the 500+ messages and you enter a different usergroup though.

Just a guess ;P
I must be thinking about how vBulletin allows automatic usergroup changes after x number of posts or registration date. Honestly, I do not prefer this forum software at all. If anything Rasta should change to MyBB. vBulletin seems to be gearing towards more of a social networking board type, which is quite sad. I assume that would be a pain in the ass if this software didn't have those functions.

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
mybb is shit much like this idea

u barely even post here
I don't recall mentioning that post count matters. Some people like it browse, and not post. It's a personal preference. You shouldn't even bother replying because your input about MyBB being shit is absolutely incorrect. You should perhaps read some articles before posting. Might make you look less of a dumbass next time you reply to something.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
I don't recall mentioning that post count matters. Some people like it browse, and not post. It's a personal preference. You shouldn't even bother replying because your input about MyBB being shit is absolutely incorrect. You should perhaps read some articles before posting. Might make you look less of a dumbass next time you reply to something.
mybb is crap. smf > fluxbb > xenforo > vb > phpbb > ipb > mybb

if u want some special features, donate to the forum by purchasing a sub

Jared

Jul 14, 2010
mybb is crap. smf > fluxbb > xenforo > vb > phpbb > ipb > mybb

if u want some special features, donate to the forum by purchasing a sub
You're entitled to your own opinion, but from my stand point MyBB is the best. Also, if you read the OP, this usergroup wouldn't be classified as a premium membership. It would be to those who have been apart of the forum for x amount of time.

Rastaberry

Rooster 4 president 2k14
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah those times where pretty good Jared. They are gone pretty fast and considering them not coming back it's just a think we're gonna get used to eventually.

Anyway this message was posted as Teso said many times and the answer on all those suggestions was no. So I'm gonna guess that he's gonna say no on this one as well.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Yet another silly idea.
'You have been members for over 3 years' so you deserve to have a specific usergroup.

Lets get straight to the point, Jared has been members for 3 years, but have next to no post count - This shows you are not active enough to receive such a 'special usergroup' as quite simply you are not dedicated members. Unlike other members which have been here for a year and have 600+ posts.

The more posts you get, you upgrade your colour based upon which limit you hit. No need whatsoever for a new usergroup.
The more you post, the more you deserve a colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread