Seasonal/Occasional Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
Hello,

I was looking at the upgrades page earlier and was thinking as I was bored...
Would Rasta ever add more seasonal/ special ossasions upgrades that could be fed into charities.
It's just a little idea maybe? Like the Christmas Upgrade but e.g. Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day etc...

Anyone think this maybe a good idea?

*UPDATE*

As has already said, Christmas is a 'long event'...

Subscriptions such as;

Christmas - known about already.
Easter - Easter Friay, Shrove Tuesday etc...

-------

This was another one of my engenius ideas, what about Summer Holidays Sub?

Summer Holidays last around 7-10 weeks for some schools, colleges etc...

Maybe a summer sub?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Most of those are only 1 day events. Christmas is a long-time event based on giving to other people. Otherwise you would have special subscriptions every month, and Rasta is to lazy to add new subscriptions every month.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
There needs to be a reason for the subscription. Christmas and Halloween are the only events we give out special upgrades to because they're only the holidays worth having.

There is no reason to have an Easter subscriber since it's not actually classed as them days it's just one. I could backup your idea though and put some positive ideas out and maybe have.

Staff awards E.G

Competition Winner (Winner of competitions & Best Debates) Or can be given out in the Awards feature.

We could add seasonal subscribers however they need to be worth having and are available on long holidays what everyone celebrates, we could implement a summer/winter bash for the gaming section (if it gets promoted) for game releases and game keys/purchased games giveouts etc. Or even official news on gaming progress.

I also suggested the Contributer for 10,000 or 5,000 postings, what unlocks some of the forums section without purchasing. Since more and more features are being unlocked for the "paid" subscribers. So that'll be nice to have without paying since we all don't having paypal and debit cards etc.

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
If we were to add another subscription going towards charity, I think the best would be thanksgiving. For the ones who don't have a home, or some even a family to enjoy a nice meal with. Food can help be shipped out to them with the money we've given. At the moment, I don't have a charity in mind exactly, but i'd love to find one!

All the other holidays are nice don't get me wrong, but I think Christmas and Thanksgivings are the main two ones that are for giving and saying thanks to what we already have.

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012
I don't see why Josh don't add more upgrades. If there were ones for each holiday, he would be making a quite bit more $. I'm talking every holiday, whether for charity or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread