School Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
I'm running for school captain at my school, I'm in Sixth Year/Form (United Kingdom). All candidates were asked to write a paragraph (half of A4) about why they should be chosen. I have written a paragraph but I'm wondering if it looks to cocky/snobby so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

School Captaincy
I have put myself forward for candicacy for School Captain because I truly believe I can successfully voice the views and opinions of the student body. I think of myself as forthcoming, I always plan ahead to make sure things won’t go wrong. I feel confident when speaking on behalf of my peers and infront of large groups of people. I believe I am reliable and trustworthy, always meeting deadlines and most of the time (if not always) arriving ontime for events, meetings etcetra. My best aspect is probably my likabilty, I think and probably most people will agree, that I am compassionate and friendly and thus work well with others in a team, but can still concentrate on any given task without distractions. I am confident in all the work I carry out and can easily ajust my work depending on criticism I recieve whether it be good or bad. My ability to co-ordinate others within a team, and move forward quickly to complete a certain given task, is an invaluable quality for a school captain. And thus, for the reason stated, I believe I am an excellent candidate for School Captain.
Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this role.
Regards,
Thomas Faulkner.
Also, I want CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, anyone who's think of posting, 'nice' or 'it sucks' then don't post at all.

Grant

Jul 11, 2010
Hmmmmmmm... a captain, eh?
Can I ride on your ship? ;o

---

Anyway's, that should definitely win.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Okay, so I handed this in but I have a 10 minute interview with the headmaster on Friday, I'd imagine there will be questions such as; 'What are your best qualities?', 'Why do you deserve this position?, 'What will you do as School captain?' etcetera so any advice on what to say?

Never got it, nevermind..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread