Scam Report / Warning - xHotel.co.uk tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tando

Norwegian Steam Engine
Oct 23, 2011
Hello. I would like to warn you all about Monestic aka Habbo2.
I do not know what his profile link is here on devbest.

Me and monestic had been talking since march. I am in the process of opening a Norwegian retro hotel and need an emulator with the latest UI. We agreed to me buying his Emulator (used on xHotel.co.uk) for 130 USD. Today when I had transfered all the money I got yesterday on my birthday, I asked him if we could could do the purchase. After the payment was sent he would send me a password protected download. I sent the payment but was 10 dollars short because of the fee's and currency changes, but I was going to send him the rest from another CC and he was okay with it. After I had paid he sent me a download link, it was not password protected as he said it would be but it apparently was an "installer" that would extract the files.
I was very suspicious but still. The files were corrupted and I am currently diagnoisng my server. Then he deleted me from his contacts.

His skype name is monestic

Proof:
here is the payment proof. It's in norwegian but you can see the amount and date.
Capture1.PNG
Here you can see some of our skype chat. Here he is providing me his PayPal e-mail and telling me the file is password protected. You can see I am starting to be suspicious about the e-mail.
Capture3_1.PNG
Here you can see the last part of our conversation, where he also tells me it's an installer.
Capture2.PNG

The reason why I post this thread is because I want to prevent this user from scamming any other members. This is my first time ever being scammed, and I feel horrible. Please don't tell me it's my fault. Scamming is not accepted in any community and does have consequences.

Message for Monestic, aka. Habbo2:
If Monestic actually reads this, I obviously want to ask him to refund the money he took from me. It was my birthday money, and I was going to spend it on something I wanted to do. In this case, it was to open a habbo retro community. I do not want to press any charges against you, or get anyone involved, but if you do not refund it, I see no other choise.

Thanks for taking time to read this. Remember to be 100% sure before you make a purchase on the internet. Being scammed is a horrible experience and you feel like an idiot.

Meap

Don't need glasses if you C#
Nov 7, 2010
In all fairness, why would you spend $130 on a Emulator in the first place? There are plenty good emulators out there to download with many addons/fixes to be found almost anywhere

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
What an idiot you are, sending $130 from your birthday money for a habbo emulator seriously?

EDIT: You paid via paypal? Simply file a report with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread