Same-sex Marrirage is Legal Nationwide, Opinions?

Crimzr

Do somethin' for a boss
Apr 12, 2015
You shouldn't not be able to marry the same gender. Equality has came for every, blacks, women, now gays. I find it normal and right although I am Christian.

Legend

https://habda.sh/
Jun 17, 2015
I don't think the legalization of gay marriage is such a big deal - all it is, is a slip of paper notifying everyone that you're married. Anyone could slide a ring on their finger and say they're married, they just aren't married in the eyes of the government. But I saw on Facebook (I'm not sure if it's true or not), that LGBT supporters were attempting the change the American flag so that it had thirteen rainbow stripes instead of red and white. That is taking it way too far, and giving them what they wanted makes them think that they're better than everyone else and they can get more if they get enough people involved.

With such dipshits, the same thing'll probably go down when marijuana is legalized. They'll try to change the stars on the flag to pot leaves or some shit, and that'll be just as stupid, even though I support the legalization of marijuana 500x more than I supported it for gay marriage. They even had a Facebook filter for people to put on their pictures of the gay pride flag, which again, was going overboard.

That's just my two cents.

I support it, and I don't.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
I don't think the legalization of gay marriage is such a big deal - all it is, is a slip of paper notifying everyone that you're married. Anyone could slide a ring on their finger and say they're married, they just aren't married in the eyes of the government. But I saw on Facebook (I'm not sure if it's true or not), that LGBT supporters were attempting the change the American flag so that it had thirteen rainbow stripes instead of red and white. That is taking it way too far, and giving them what they wanted makes them think that they're better than everyone else and they can get more if they get enough people involved.

With such dipshits, the same thing'll probably go down when marijuana is legalized. They'll try to change the stars on the flag to pot leaves or some shit, and that'll be just as stupid, even though I support the legalization of marijuana 500x more than I supported it for gay marriage. They even had a Facebook filter for people to put on their pictures of the gay pride flag, which again, was going overboard.

That's just my two cents.

I support it, and I don't.
How was a filter over a photo going overboard? It was to show your support for the ruling

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I really couldn't care less to be honest. Don't bother me whether gays marry or not. I'm sick of hearing about it

Legend

Jun 17, 2015
How was a filter over a photo going overboard? It was to show your support for the ruling
I just feel that it was. If that was the entire reason it was done, why didn't they do it when it came to the rebel flag?

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Definitely a bigger deal than it should have been, then again that's media for you..

Still kinda surprising it took this long though.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Definitely a bigger deal than it should have been, then again that's media for you..

Still kinda surprising it took this long though.
I wouldn't exaggerate it by saying it was a bigger deal than it should have been, maybe it wasn't a big of a deal as other past situations but just as deserved. People who were refused rights for countless years are finally given them, that's an excuse for an abundance of celebration.

Personally if gay people can get married or not is irrelevant and unfathomable to me because the concept of marriage is futile, but they celebrated as much as anybody would do if they were finally given said rights.

Legend

Jun 17, 2015
I wouldn't exaggerate it by saying it was a bigger deal than it should have been, maybe it wasn't a big of a deal as other past situations but just as deserved. People who were refused rights for countless years are finally given them, that's an excuse for an abundance of celebration.

Personally if gay people can get married or not is irrelevant and unfathomable to me because the concept of marriage is futile, but they celebrated as much as anybody would do if they were finally given said rights.
Being married isn't that big of a right, if you think about the fact that you're able to be in a relationship with any person you please. All a marriage is, is a slip of paper from the government which says your with said person. It should not have come to the entire American flag deal where they defaced the flag, putting rainbow stripes all over it instead of the internationally-known red and white stripes, which has been there for many years. They aren't any more special than heterosexuals, so I don't see why they think everything should have been surrounding them, making them the most important people in the country.

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
Being married isn't that big of a right, if you think about the fact that you're able to be in a relationship with any person you please. All a marriage is, is a slip of paper from the government which says your with said person. It should not have come to the entire American flag deal where they defaced the flag, putting rainbow stripes all over it instead of the internationally-known red and white stripes, which has been there for many years. They aren't any more special than heterosexuals, so I don't see why they think everything should have been surrounding them, making them the most important people in the country.
It's more than a slip a paper. There are many benefits to being married in terms of government.
Also, have you seen flags? They're constantly "defaced" to support a cause, usually being a pot leaf. Also, nobody thinks everything should be surrounded by them, it was just a celebration for finally getting equal rights.

Legend

Jun 17, 2015
It's more than a slip a paper. There are many benefits to being married in terms of government.
Also, have you seen flags? They're constantly "defaced" to support a cause, usually being a pot leaf. Also, nobody thinks everything should be surrounded by them, it was just a celebration for finally getting equal rights.
What is one benefit of being married that you couldn't do without being married?
I can put my car, house, etc in someone else's name, as well as mine. I could have someone else on my phone bill. I could leave someone everything of mine when I die. I could have named person get my life insurance money, etc. I don't understand where a benefit comes in. I could change my last name myself.

Benden

Jun 4, 2010
What is one benefit of being married that you couldn't do without being married?
I can put my car, house, etc in someone else's name, as well as mine. I could have someone else on my phone bill. I could leave someone everything of mine when I die. I could have named person get my life insurance money, etc. I don't understand where a benefit comes in. I could change my last name myself.
Generally tax benefits, adoption is easier, or loans.

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
dbVf7Va.jpg

Legend

Jun 17, 2015
Generally tax benefits, adoption is easier, or loans.
Adoption and loans are both still possible for a person who isn't married. They're moral things, not legal.
As for tax benefits, children also provide a benefit when filing your taxes. Homosexual couples are potentially giving up that benefit. I may be wrong, but I think that when you adopt a child, the child still belongs to the government, not adopters. So that cancels out the tax benefit, unless I'm wrong. In which case, I feel stupid. But I'm not sure I'm wrong.
I can't believe you would waste your time making/finding this inexplicably horrible graphic.

Legend

Jun 17, 2015
Didn't waste anything, had it laying on Imgur where I can quickly access it in case I need it when butthurts show up. :up:
I suppose you're unaware of the meaning of "butthurt," as I'm not butthurt. It's merely confusion. And, you must have wasted some time. I'm sure you clicked on it and copied the image...

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
I suppose you're unaware of the meaning of "butthurt," as I'm not butthurt. It's merely confusion. And, you must have wasted some time. I'm sure you clicked on it and copied the image...
I never called you butthurt? And nope, that's why I use Imgur's extension.

Users who are viewing this thread