Runescape board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkle

Jul 13, 2017
If you want RS dev stuff, go to mopar forums. Not many here know much about RS development.
the fact that you respond with that is exactly why we should have the category. in fact in the thread i linked to my previous response there's a similar comment that got dunked on aha.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
the fact that you respond with that is exactly why we should have the category. in fact in the thread i linked to my previous response there's a similar comment that got dunked on aha.
Like I said, doubt there's anyone here who knows about RS development. There's a better place to learn about RS dev and it's not here.

Darkle

Jul 13, 2017
Like I said, doubt there's anyone here who knows about RS development. There's a better place to learn about RS dev and it's not here.
I just don't get this closed mindset considering our forums description and name lol. Maybe leave them a little room for encouragement.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
If you know Java, you know RuneScape Development. If you can trace variables and find what they do , and you know the logic, you can code it

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
If you know Java, you know RuneScape Development. If you can trace variables and find what they do , and you know the logic, you can code it
Lol, that's not even remotely how it works. Just cause you may know Java doesn't mean you understand the packet structure in RS, how to build packets, how to handle them between client and server, how game objects are created, how path handling works, or even the most important thing: how the combat formula is derived (which requires a level of mathematics that you won't see till two years into university).

I just don't get this closed mindset considering our forums description and name lol. Maybe leave them a little room for encouragement.
All that is gonna happen is people are either gonna make help threads that don't get resolved (or even a response), or shitty advertisements (which can already be done and guess what, no one posts about).

The way a section gets added is by their being continuous discussion on that topic. That has not occurred in the 5 years I've been here.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Lol, that's not even remotely how it works. Just cause you may know Java doesn't mean you understand the packet structure in RS, how to build packets, how to handle them between client and server, how game objects are created, how path handling works, or even the most important thing: how the combat formula is derived (which requires a level of mathematics that you won't see till two years into university).

All that is gonna happen is people are either gonna make help threads that don't get resolved (or even a response), or shitty advertisements (which can already be done and guess what, no one posts about).

The way a section gets added is by their being continuous discussion on that topic. That has not occurred in the 5 years I've been here.
I'm going to say you are wrong. I know this first hand because I have a friend, In real life, who when I first started retro development he never touched C# before in his life (and only codes for Java on Runescape), he jumped right in and helped me fix my issue.

Few months later, I helped him develop on his RS server with never touching RS before.. Packets are packets. They go from point A, to point B, and have a handler. It doesn't take long to view the code already there, and work off of it to build what you need.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
I'm going to say you are wrong. I know this first hand because I have a friend, In real life, who when I first started retro development he never touched C# before in his life (and only codes for Java on Runescape), he jumped right in and helped me fix my issue.

Few months later, I helped him develop on his RS server with never touching RS before.. Packets are packets. They go from point A, to point B, and have a handler. It doesn't take long to view the code already there, and work off of it to build what you need.
Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, what is the purpose of this:

"packets are packets. they go from point A to point b, and have a handler"
^ gotta be one of the funniest things i've read on here in a long time

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Lol you have no idea what you're talking about. Tell me, what is the purpose of this:

"packets are packets. they go from point A to point b, and have a handler"
^ gotta be one of the funniest things i've read on here in a long time
Ok I would easily be able to tell you what that was if I traced the code. Obviously it's returning what looks like numbers part of an array and it's sending in a seed and generating some type of memory reference , but I would need to see the code that calls the method getNextValue() .
Whatever it is, it gets instantiated with a seed which has an algorithm to make some type of random sequence and you call that getNextValue to return the next number. There is a private counter that gets set to 256 and reset to 255 because on the getNextValue method it subtracts 1 before starting. Counter goes from 255 to 0 and back to 255.

If I was to take a guess in the dark I would say its some type of random number generator.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Ok I would easily be able to tell you what that was if I traced the code. Obviously it's returning what looks like numbers part of an array and it's sending in a seed and generating some type of memory reference , but I would need to see the code that calls the method getNextValue() .
Whatever it is, it gets instantiated with a seed which has an algorithm to make some type of random sequence and you call that getNextValue to return the next number. There is a private counter that gets set to 256 and reset to 255 because on the getNextValue method it subtracts 1 before starting. Counter goes from 255 to 0 and back to 255.

If I was to take a guess in the dark I would say its some type of random number generator.
Not even remotely close. If you've done RS dev, this will stand out like anything.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Not even remotely close. If you've done RS dev, this will stand out like anything.
Ok well that's fucking great kid I never said I did RS Dev , my thread was intended if someone needed help and support they could post their code and we could wall them through fixing their errors. Not like you gave me a lot of code to go off of to figure out one class to a game 9 times larger than habbo

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
Ok well that's fucking great kid I never said I did RS Dev , my thread was intended if someone needed help and support they could post their code and we could wall them through fixing their errors. Not like you gave me a lot of code to go off of to figure out one class to a game 9 times larger than habbo

??

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
I don't Develop it. I helped him with it. I'm not a RuneScape developer, and never claimed to be. If you know Java you can easily go learn RuneScape Development or Minecraft Development. Period

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
I don't Develop it. I helped him with it. I'm not a RuneScape developer, and never claimed to be. If you know Java you can easily go learn RuneScape Development or Minecraft Development. Period
"easily go learn"

Earlier today it was "helped him develop on his RS server". Get shown some code from RS and it becomes "I don't develop it". Sounds to me that you just "helped" make small changes or "helped" him put it online. That's not development. That's editing, period. The few good developers you may get are vastly outnumbered by the idiots who leech and continuously ask for to be spoonfed. We already have enough of that here.

That's why I don't think we need a forum section for it. In 5 years I've seen less than a dozen threads on RuneScape (not even dev specific). This is coming from someone who likely knows the most about that game on this forum. Heck, I even tried to take mc204 and make it into a Game of Thrones game:

HabbPEE

Oct 2, 2017
It's obvious too Ecko, that you don't know the difference between "their" and "there" as the latter should be put ... not their!!

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
To have an RS section we'd need a lot of RS activity - how many people play Runescape on here? How many of those people are emulator developers?

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
"easily go learn"

Earlier today it was "helped him develop on his RS server". Get shown some code from RS and it becomes "I don't develop it". Sounds to me that you just "helped" make small changes or "helped" him put it online. That's not development. That's editing, period. The few good developers you may get are vastly outnumbered by the idiots who leech and continuously ask for to be spoonfed. We already have enough of that here.

That's why I don't think we need a forum section for it. In 5 years I've seen less than a dozen threads on RuneScape (not even dev specific). This is coming from someone who likely knows the most about that game on this forum. Heck, I even tried to take mc204 and make it into a Game of Thrones game:
So I did some research on this, and I was partially right without even seeing the whole code. What this class does is it encrypts data before sending it over. I had to find out what called this class to figure out what it was, as stated above. Also the state of the object is what determines the encryption key, which is the seed.

Oh and P.S - that's obfuscated code.

Last edited:

Haid

Dec 20, 2011
The staff argument would have a base except a brand new section was created for 1 thread and that had no interest prior to being created?
I do think an RS board would be dead though, as will the cryptocurrency section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread