Recruiting [RP]Looking for anyone who can code HTML/C#.

Would you work for this hotel.

• Total voters

Destruct

FateRP Founder
Feb 12, 2012
habsonrp

Information
HabsonRP is a brand new roleplay server coming soon. We had a r63b, but we decided to change to a RP. So far we have the cms, client, and emu working. There is only a minor problem with the client that will be fixed soon. The skin is one of FabboRP's old skins. I do not know if has been released, but no I did not steal this. Someone has decided to give me his old rp's skin. For the emulator, I am using Vice Emulator 2.0 which I think is a Reality edit by Ben. I heard this emu is one of the best reality edits for roleplay so I plan to use it. Please do not ask for the skin, it was a private skin and wasn't planned on being released publicly. The skin is 85% working, still some stuff that need to be coded. You will be given a rank on the RP. Me and the other owner are still deciding if we should pay, so if you apply for the job. You might be paid for your work. :up:

Login
2iqdgft.png

Me [In Development]
oa3tj7.png

Job Finder
11b2qvs.png

Stock Market
2925yit.png

Government [Not the current staff, hasn't been updated yet.]
nostpv.png

Leaderboards
5juyau.png

Job Requirements - (We are not requiring you to know both, if you know at least one of the requirements you can still apply for the job.)
C#: We're looking for someone who knows C# for new features to add to our emulator. You must be make new commands, fix emulator issues, add new features without adding any issues, or problems.

PHP: As we are deciding what skin to use for the RP, you should be able to know how to code a skin from scratch, if not then we are expecting that you at least know how to add features to the skin, pages, scripts, etc. We need someone to help us finish coding the features of the skin.

When will you start?
If you are hired, you will be immediately given information on what your first task will be. Your first task may be difficult as I said, we are still choosing the best CMS and emulator.

Restrictions (THIS MAY BE CHANGED)
To prevent any security issues, hacks, etc from occurring within our server, we MUST lay down restrictions. I will be adding a secondary non-administrative account to our Virtual Private Server to allow you to do work. Sometimes we may not allow you to be on without the supervision of the owners.

• No access to hotel's root without permission. On your separate account, you should have the ability to test hotels on localhost
  • No access to Administrator features
  • No access to Administrator's Local Hard Drive.
  • No access to private files.
  • Live server monitoring
Equipment (THIS MAY BE CHANGED)
You will only be able to access some of the programs that you will need in order to do your job. If you need any other program and you are not able to download it to due to your user permissions, just contact me and I will install the program for you. The programs you will be available to use are:
  • Navicat Premium [You will not have access to our databases, you will have to create test ones for you to test.]
  • Microsoft Visual Studio Express C#
  • Notepad ++
  • WinRAR
  • Mozilla Firefox
Application
I am not making an application, if you want to apply just contact me. During the conversation I may ask a few questions.

Contact Information

Email: [email protected] (Will be changed to: [email protected])
Forums: Coming Soon!

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
If you are looking for a decent developer, HTML isn't what you want them to know. You want them to know PHP

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
If you are looking for a decent developer, HTML isn't what you want them to know. You want them to know PHP
I'm developing an RP and the CMS is entirely out of JavaScript (Node.js) and I recently discovered that I have a need for clean code, even HTML.
I personally think the best languages you could know when it comes to Multi-threaded Game Development is C# and JavaScript.

Also, Fixing up reality? This won't work.
Reality's base (Snowlight) was also terrible.
But if you receive a more than decent C# developer who is willing to fix that pile of shit then you should have them focus on.

The usage of threading:
Reality's main problem lies around the careless usage of threads throughout the emulator. They're threads for pointless shit like a taxi command. The developer failed to understand that threads are very expensive to the CPU and using threads for redundant functions such as taxi is going to bring major lag to your CPU.

Networking/Sessions:

A Simple TCP Listener with callbacks that interrupt the servers main thread is just bound to fail. Looking at the way reality "disposes" sessions or that function in the Session handler is just redundant. It doesn't dispose of anything-- all it does is throw an exception just to catch it.

The usage of MySql:
I never understood the reason ben did this, and probably won't ever. Reality uses MySql to update the users data while the user is still in game, no cache was involved in this process at all. I think its just bad practice.

Lack of Concurrency-- Outdated Code?:
Snowlight uses an outdated version of .NET as it was written in 2011.
Need I say more?

I'm pretty sure I can go on forever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread