Jan 4, 2012
Hey All Well.... I've Received A Fail Error

When i go to my hotel it takes me to my router panel

but when som1 else goes to my ip it takes em to my hotel

Im Using A Sky Router...

Thanks

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
I had this problem before, somehow i managed to fix it, but its because sky let you access the router configuration page through your own ip address when your connected to the network, but not others. So for him the router redirects his browser to the router configuration, but for others, that are not connect to the network, it will redirect their browser towards his apache/iis server, etc.
It shouldn't be anything to do with host files, but i suppose its worth a check seeing if it works on another computer, connected to the same network to see if it is the host files and i am utterly wrong. :)

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
I had this problem before, somehow i managed to fix it, but its because sky let you access the router configuration page through your own ip address when your connected to the network, but not others. So for him the router redirects his browser to the router configuration, but for others, that are not connect to the network, it will redirect their browser towards his apache/iis server, etc.
It shouldn't be anything to do with host files, but i suppose its worth a check seeing if it works on another computer, connected to the same network to see if it is the host files and i am utterly wrong. :)
I'll Check With My Sis's Pc Brb

EDIT-

Same Error

Xenous

o shi
Nov 15, 2011
You need to enter by typing your lan ip which can be aqquired by typing ipconfig in command prompt. Or try using the localhost address (localhost/127.0.0.1)

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
You need to enter by typing your lan ip which can be aqquired by typing ipconfig in command prompt. Or try using the localhost address (localhost/127.0.0.1)
Indeed.

I'll Check With My Sis's Pc Brb

EDIT-

Same Error
This is the error i was talking about then, have a quick look through your router pages looking for something like "ip redirection" or something similar?

ChunkyCurry

Jan 4, 2012
No That Doesn't Work

In REVCMS Configuration It Has Site URL And I've Put My Url In But Whenever You Go To Like localhost 192.168.x.x Or W/e It Redirects You To The Site URL

NextToNothing

Dec 5, 2010
Just leave that part blank, it should stay the same for users visiting
and you should be able to view it
You could always find a good proxy and bookmark it and use that for getting on your hotel if you have trouble using localhost because of redirections or somehting.
for list of proxys.

Users who are viewing this thread