Room Ads

opinionswrest

Jan 6, 2020
Hey all,

Random one where do we change to allow any rank to use room ads ive got it set in permissions table on arcturus morningstar to allow room_ads to all users but for some reason they dont work unless ur rank 5 or above

Anyone able to help?

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
I believe TheGeneral implemented a "level" feature so users have to be more then just a rank. So users would be rank 1 with level 1, I think if you make it so users are rank 1 with a minimum of level 4 they'll be able to place roomads. But I would recommend you to look at the source code and see what "level" actual does and just comment it out for room ads if you don't want "level". Make sure your permission for room_ads is also set to 1. Reload your permissions in-game and give it a shot.

opinionswrest

Jan 6, 2020
I believe TheGeneral implemented a "level" feature so users have to be more then just a rank. So users would be rank 1 with level 1, I think if you make it so users are rank 1 with a minimum of level 4 they'll be able to place roomads. But I would recommend you to look at the source code and see what "level" actual does and just comment it out for room ads if you don't want "level". Make sure your permission for room_ads is also set to 1. Reload your permissions in-game and give it a shot.
Hey when you say level where is this set? Ive made it in catalog for role 1 and in acc_room_backgrounds to 1 does this need to be set anywhere else?

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I meant the "level" in the permissions table. It should be the 4th column, next to "badge" at the very beginning.

opinionswrest

Jan 6, 2020
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, I meant the "level" in the permissions table. It should be the 4th column, next to "badge" at the very beginning.
Thanks, Tried it still the same its probably hard coded in or something il just stick it so its staff only who can room ads Thanks for the help though

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
I've just tried it on HabboTown and it works? I'm running on 3.5.2, yes @Ethical is correct if you wish to edit it manually in the backend side, but the "level" in permissions should also work. Set it to 7 and see yourself. Make sure to :update_permissions

opinionswrest

Jan 6, 2020
I've just tried it on HabboTown and it works? I'm running on 3.5.2, yes @Ethical is correct if you wish to edit it manually in the backend side, but the "level" in permissions should also work. Set it to 7 and see yourself. Make sure to :update_permissions
So I need to edit the level in the arc morningstar database under perms to 7 yeah? then is that it or do I need to edit morningstar emu as well?

Pinkman

Posting Freak
Jul 27, 2016
In your 'permissions' table. There is also a "level" column, change that to 7. Go on your client, :update_permissions. Refresh the room, rebuy the item and check. Or you can restart emulator up to you.
You must be registered for see images attach

Users who are viewing this thread