Revolution Emulator [C#, R63B, Encryption Cracked, DAO, Fluent NHibernate, Lua Plugin, Mono]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thom

You can't touch this
Oct 1, 2010
How small is it?
20120604082103362.png

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Depending on the RevEmu performance and stability, I would start with 2 GB ram imo - think of it as many users join on the same time, this will cause lag spike and in the worst case server overhead (like DDoS) - Again, depending on the stability.

Of course I would trust Zak on this, but I've seen bad implementations of good frameworks/libraries that should prevent bad performance but maybe do it worse - even for the most skilled programmers (hrhm Mozilla, Microsoft & even Google).

dominic

Dec 16, 2011
Depending on the RevEmu performance and stability, I would start with 2 GB ram imo - think of it as many users join on the same time, this will cause lag spike and in the worst case server overhead (like DDoS) - Again, depending on the stability.

Of course I would trust Zak on this, but I've seen bad implementations of good frameworks/libraries that should prevent bad performance but maybe do it worse - even for the most skilled programmers (hrhm Mozilla, Microsoft & even Google).
I thought of the same thing. It could happen. :)

Ragee

May 24, 2012
well im justing waiting for RevEMU ;) im buying a vps atm if u want to use it for beta ill be happy to give it to you

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
Beta, hotel will be open to the public, so will the source itself.

Ragee

May 24, 2012
Yayz, Cant wait for it if you want someone to like do a mini review of it im always on Devbest ;)

iHarrison

Mar 11, 2012
I am honestly pretty excited for RevEmu and the CMS. I enjoy using Phoenix and it has been a very good emulator in the past, but the support for it is pretty low, the updates come around every few months or so and it is still stuck in the older versions. Hopefully when you this is ready for live use I'll consider changing over.

And the fact the emulator is open source just makes this even better. I will finally be able to handle a hotel which I can change as much as I like, rather than being restricted by closed source emulators.

Keep on going Team Rev.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I forgot, about Kryptos that he purchased a domain call prjRev.com.

So guys, stay updated at for a beta hotel with RevCMS 3.0.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I think we need to work on the lua plugin system.. Maybe write a wrapper so you can compile lua script through the command ui (rev -c myplugin.lua) and then run it as rev -r myplugin

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I was gonna make a wrapper within the core, to execute F# scripts, but thats a laters job.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010

Why can't you just test 512mb / 1gb ram? (for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread