Revcms News

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
I am Having problems with news, as u can see the 2nd picture thrs a very uncommon blue line and posted on 01-01-70, i dont know how it looks like. anyone can fix it? i dont know how the page look like when i go to news but it gives me this. and another problems. the author is 0 not sure why is it. should be the owner name but its 0.
qCO8NM0.png
geTS0yK.png

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Change author in your database to be a varchar or text instead of an integer value and then when you post, your username will actually go in there,
And the 2nd image doesn't have a title because you're not looking at an actual article?

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
Yes the 2nd picture. Haven't look at an actual articles but can u see its weird the line appear and I check someone else cms when it enter to the news it direct them to the latest news but I don't.

yes i fixed the author thank you, and forget thrs another problem tht it doesnt direct me to the latest news when i click the news, and another problem that i forget to tell is the articles picture doesn't show at the me.page thrs no pic in it just words etc.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Make sure the link redirects you to the news id and make sure its grabs the last couple ID's... and make sure that the images are in the correctly folder link

Marcel

You're the guy who stole my car
Jul 17, 2015
You mean something like this ?
PHP:
<?php
$to5 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cms_news ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 50") or die(mysql_error());
?>

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
HTML:
<a href="/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-1}">{newsTitle-1}</a>
<a href="/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-2}">{newsTitle-2}</a>
<a href="/index.php?url=news&id={newsID-3}">{newsTitle-3}</a>
do i copy the first line or the 3 line? and where do i put?

You mean something like this ?
PHP:
<?php
$to5 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cms_news ORDER BY ID DESC LIMIT 50") or die(mysql_error());
?>
doesnt work, idk whr to place, i place in my news.php but it doesn't help.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
I didn't read the thread but i'm guessing you want to change that "0" thing, right?
Run this query.
PHP:
ALTER TABLE cms_news MODIFY author VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL;

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
I didn't read the thread but i'm guessing you want to change that "0" thing, right?
Run this query.
PHP:
ALTER TABLE cms_news MODIFY author VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL;
yes i fixed it. thank you. but having trouble when thrs no picture on the articles on me.php. not sure how do i change the pathway for images.

Wickd

The first member of the Knights of the Pink Table
Jan 15, 2013
yes i fixed it. thank you. but having trouble when thrs no picture on the articles on me.php. not sure how do i change the pathway for images.
Well depends where're your images located. Make sure you got the right directory (example ; r63/c_images/top_story)

FunzyKiller

Apr 7, 2014
ah yes thank you, i inspect element but idk whr do i change the path, a very ty.

Inspect element, see where the path is. Change it til the image appears, copy that and put that as the image path.
problems solves, thankyou but i'm still having trouble that the articles will direct me to the latest page.

Users who are viewing this thread