[RevCMS] Domain Error

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
Hi,

So I had my hotel running just with my IP as a temp. domain while I was fixing bugs.

Now that I am done, I want the domain to be used instead.
I perm. forwarded my domain to my VPS' IP, and when I put the domain in my browser it brings me to my hotel.
The only problem is that it brings me to my hotel, but in the URL bar it changes the URL back to my IP.

Yes, I did edit the RevCMS config and I did change the hotel link to my domain.

I cleared my cache as well, still no luck.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
After some quick googling i came across two reasons. It may be your cpanel for your vps or domain, make sure they are pointing towards the domain and not ip. or change this in your htacess

{my domain being your actual domain, and the 222 is the replacment for your ip, so instead of the 222's put in your ip, but dont remove the slash}
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^222\.222\.222\.222
RewriteRule (.*) [R=301,L]

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
After some quick googling i came across two reasons. It may be your cpanel for your vps or domain, make sure they are pointing towards the domain and not ip. or change this in your htacess

{my domain being your actual domain, and the 222 is the replacment for your ip, so instead of the 222's put in your ip, but dont remove the slash}
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^mydomain.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^222\.222\.222\.222
RewriteRule (.*) [R=301,L]

1. I don't use XAMPP, so I don't have .htaccess
2. Pointing towards my domain and not my IP? The whole idea is to make my domain link to the IP I am using on my VPS..

But thanks anyway I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread