RevCMS comments - Limits

Sean

‫‫‫‫‫‫  ‫  Don't Worry, Be Happy
Dec 12, 2011
Hello. I have managed to get my comments working on news articles but I am having trouble getting a limit on them, So that you can only post 3 per day?

If you know how to do this please reply.
I will give code snippets upon request :up:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
3 per day per article or in total? You could probably set the timestamp of each comment they do and check if three on the same day and just tell them to wait? Best bet imo is to just not let them post constantly, and wait for someone else to post.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
3 per day per article or in total? You could probably set the timestamp of each comment they do and check if three on the same day and just tell them to wait? Best bet imo is to just not let them post constantly, and wait for someone else to post.
Yes, I was thinking about that aswell as I seen it on Obbo and though that its very smart.

Could you please explain how I would go around doing that, I am new to PHP :up:

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Yes, I was thinking about that aswell as I seen it on Obbo and though that its very smart.

Could you please explain how I would go around doing that, I am new to PHP :up:

I selected from the comments table, ordered by id desc, if the last comment user ID was the users, then don't let them post.

Sean

Dec 12, 2011
I selected from the comments table, ordered by id desc, if the last comment user ID was the users, then don't let them post.
Could you give me a small PHP snippet part of the restriction. As I said I am new to PHP and that is not enough detail for me to work of :L

Users who are viewing this thread