RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I don't know anyone who has a working web.config that works for housekeeping though? I've use the recommended one and it still doesn't work. Will we have the same problem with 3.0?

Nop, you won't.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
By the way, I think you should integrate RevPro, created by someone on FagZone. I honestly don't like Priv & Mango, and RevPro is pretty good. Also please make the client compatible with Firefox, as it wasn't in 1.9.9

I had numerous complaints of people not being able to get on client when using Firefox.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
By the way, I think you should integrate RevPro, created by someone on FagZone. I honestly don't like Priv & Mango, and RevPro is pretty good. Also please make the client compatible with Firefox, as it wasn't in 1.9.9

I had numerous complaints of people not being able to get on client when using Firefox.
It's nothing more than an image, I'm not wasting my time doing an image. About Firefox, I have no idea what it could be. Let's wait until ALPHA testing.

I have to stop coding, researching, etc now. So...

TO-DO LIST SO I DON'T FORGET:

• Hooks file.
    • Pre_System
    • Pre_Controller
    • Post_Controller_Constructor
    • Post_Controller
    • Post_System
  • Get rid of the Model's mysqli methods, and make a folder with the different Drivers to choose from. Also, make an Abstract DAO for them ( Maybe the Model itself?? ).
  • Get rid of the View's templating methods, and make a folder with the different Templating engines/systems to choose from. Also, make an abstract class for them ( Maybe the View itself?? ).
  • Code some Helpers and make a loading method for them.
  • Get rid of the Benchmark class, and just put those methods in the Common file again.
  • Abstract cache class
    • FileCache
    • Memcache
    • APC
  • Do a Session handler class and store session's in a folder.
  • Workaround for class libraries that need the Model, will probably just make then Controllers.
  • Do the Configure class for easy handling of the config file.
Big list of TO-DO stuff, will take some time.
By the way, looks like the January/February release date will have to be moved to lyk 2013 ( jk world will end in 2012, no point! ), 'cause there's sooo much to do!

Reactions: JpK

Sledmur

Web-Developer
Nov 29, 2011
I would like to see a style switcher? As most users usually have a style they prefer over the one your currently using? This would be an epic add-on :)

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
If I showed a sneak peak I would just show some PHP code, which I don't really want to show until release ^^

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Atleast some kind of blueprint? :D
Blueprint? lol :p

So, there has been some lack of updates, mainly because I'm having pretty important tests and I've had to study a lot.

But, what I've been doing ( Before tests ) is really working on the Framework, I've been editing it like crazy.
Don't get me wrong, the framework is amazing. Nonetheless, I want it to be amazing and the best.

I've gone through it a lot, even changing how the strings are made ( Check ).

A small list of things I am planning of doing and/or in the process of doing.

• Get rid of the Model's mysqli methods, and make a folder with the different Drivers to choose from. Also, make an Abstract DAO for them ( Maybe the Model itself?? ).
  • Get rid of the View's templating methods, and make a folder with the different Templating engines/systems to choose from. Also, make an abstract class for them ( Maybe the View itself?? )
  • Do a Session handler class and store session's in a folder.
Yea, it's pretty much the big to-do list without the stuff I already did ^^
I will try to work on it as much as I can, probably won't be much since I'm taking vacations/traveling :)

UPDATE: Updated my list

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Pew pew.

Have worked a LOT on the framework today.
What I've done..
  • Recoded some stuff
  • Reorganized a lot of stuff
  • Now you can choose different types of storing user sessions. Native (Normal, no weird stuff), MySQLi ( Store them in Database. Very fast, but may rape. ), File ( Just like PHP does natively, but our own way of doing it ), APC ( Pretty nice to be honest ), Memcache ( Excellent if you have multiple VPS'/Dedis that you may want to use together for the site ).
  • Got done with Hooks, gotta' test them now.
  • Fixed my issue with libraries that needed the Model. Forgot I had the best fucking class loader ever<3
  • Some more I can't remember.
So, I have a lot of bugs to go through since it's a lot of stuff and a lot of bugs/errors. Will take time but I am very glad because it is looking fantastic.

Spartak

Sep 24, 2011
i don't know if someone told you to make a "forgot my password" to get your password systeme but it's nice if you can do it :)

Velocity

Dec 13, 2011
Will you ever make a tutorial on how to make a retro with this CMS?
Or would it work if i follow say a HoloCMS tut but insted of using holo i use this?

HugoASB

Dec 6, 2011
Hai there,

I was gonna use your latest RevCMS (1.9.9.9), managed to make everything work with IIS (Housekeeping included), although the Mango theme is quite good, the Housekeeping is really not so great, it is very limited and lacks a lot of features. I think, for now, I'll wait to see how RevCMS 3.0 comes out to be.

Are there expectations or date related information about it? Or should I stick to the old PhoenixCF (I really didnt want that)?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Hai there,

I was gonna use your latest RevCMS (1.9.9.9), managed to make everything work with IIS (Housekeeping included), although the Mango theme is quite good, the Housekeeping is really not so great, it is very limited and lacks a lot of features. I think, for now, I'll wait to see how RevCMS 3.0 comes out to be.

Are there expectations or date related information about it? Or should I stick to the old PhoenixCF (I really didnt want that)?

PhoenixCF is fine, but be careful with who you hire, there's an exploit in the housekeeping of it.

To be honest, I don't know where I'm going to release it. If I say a date now, it'll probably change by time since I add tons of stuff every week which means more work but more awesomeness, etc, etc.

HugoASB

Dec 6, 2011
PhoenixCF is fine, but be careful with who you hire, there's an exploit in the housekeeping of it.

To be honest, I don't know where I'm going to release it. If I say a date now, it'll probably change by time since I add tons of stuff every week which means more work but more awesomeness, etc, etc.

But sure you must have some expectations. January? February?

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Woo!

Finals are over, so I'll be working on Rev the next couple of days.

I have some good ideas in mind and everything, expect some updates.

But sure you must have some expectations. January? February?

February, one skin only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread