RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Do you think there will be a possible release date? Like a estimate on when the CMS should be released by? I just needed to know so I can pre-order my server for when the CMS is released :)

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Do you think there will be a possible release date? Like a estimate on when the CMS should be released by? I just needed to know so I can pre-order my server for when the CMS is released :)
The BETA is released. You can find it

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
I haven't bothered to download it, but I'm telling you now, it's looking amazing! I love how it will be able to support IIS, and how it has an installer to install the CMS! RevCMS is the best innovation Habbo retros have had in a very long time, the CMS is flexable, fast, efficient and the coding is amazingly very clean. Everything is directed properly for ease of access, AND! it looks like the CMS has it's own webbuild for the Habbo theme? Is that right, because if so that's just amazing! But let's get back onto the CMS.. And I can see some things like database backup, I also had a small peek at the error handling, and it's like no other CMS I've ever seen! Now after only taking a peek, I'm wondering how great the CMS will be once it's officially release and off BETA.

I can't wait for it to be released, I really can't! I wish the developers the best of luck, and don't rush things though :)

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I haven't bothered to download it, but I'm telling you now, it's looking amazing! I love how it will be able to support IIS, and how it has an installer to install the CMS! RevCMS is the best innovation Habbo retros have had in a very long time, the CMS is flexable, fast, efficient and the coding is amazingly very clean. Everything is directed properly for ease of access, AND! it looks like the CMS has it's own webbuild for the Habbo theme? Is that right, because if so that's just amazing! But let's get back onto the CMS.. And I can see some things like database backup, I also had a small peek at the error handling, and it's like no other CMS I've ever seen! Now after only taking a peek, I'm wondering how great the CMS will be once it's officially release and off BETA.

I can't wait for it to be released, I really can't! I wish the developers the best of luck, and don't rush things though :)

Thanks a lot, can't tell you how much I appreciate you like it so much.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Thanks a lot, can't tell you how much I appreciate you like it so much.
Yeah thanks mate, no problem. But It's just I've been away for retros for about 3 months now, and since I have, I've said retros are so shit and I'd never come back to them! But, when I saw the CMS and the coding, and how the CMS is so efficient, it's brought light upon retros once again for me. But, the only thing that sucks is there's no real good emulator that's always updating like Phoenix..

Basil Ali

Aug 15, 2011

I can agree with some things, but the older versions of RevCMS worked with IIS, however it you had to configure the web.config yourself. However, no offense to Kryptos, but the CMS looks very rushed, even when it is still on BETA, but there are some simple things that were just not even fixed that could have been. However, I missed the simplicity of the older version of RevCMS. I knew everything left and right and now I have to make some changes in order for some things to work again. However, no harm done. Keep going with the project, and don't rush some things I saw on there, simple errors were just looked like they were rushed and such a good project shouldn't be rushed. We all expect better. :)

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
I can agree with some things, but the older versions of RevCMS worked with IIS, however it you had to configure the web.config yourself. However, no offense to Kryptos, but the CMS looks very rushed, even when it is still on BETA, but there are some simple things that were just not even fixed that could have been. However, I missed the simplicity of the older version of RevCMS. I knew everything left and right and now I have to make some changes in order for some things to work again. However, no harm done. Keep going with the project, and don't rush some things I saw on there, simple errors were just looked like they were rushed and such a good project shouldn't be rushed. We all expect better. :)

1) How in the world can you rush a development with a 1 year time space to do it in?
2) It's called a beta for a reason.
3) The bugs that I've found at the moment are only somewhat minor and hasn't taken him anymore than a few hours to fix.
4) Just because it has simple errors doesn't make it rushed.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
1) How in the world can you rush a development with a 1 year time space to do it in?
3) The bugs that I've found at the moment are only somewhat minor and hasn't taken him anymore than a few hours to fix.
1) I downloaded the CMS last night and uploaded them to XAMPP, there was only one theme witch was the Habbo theme, witch was a little rushed.. I hate the new news article thing, it is so ugly, and it would be great(er) if there was the old news article and hot campaigns. Well first off in the actual page that lets you read the actual news article, on the left hand side where it displays the news articles (previous ones),it should be more like UberCMS, where it has the dates on it and it lets you click on 'See more' and choose from the categories of your choice IE Games & Competitions.. Another problem I found was the Add Character setting to your account, when you did add a character to your account, you would see 2 of the original accounts IE (Liam &Liam) and it would show on the staff page aswell... I'm not sure if this problem is because I used the register on the install page, but it's still a problem that could be fixed for people who add multiple accounts to there email/username.. I also don't know if this is installed, but you should make it so hotel owners can enable/disable this setting because I totally wouldn't want that feature in my hotel, it would just be silly as people would just keep making new accounts and trading over things like credits in mass credit events and stuff like that.
2) We all understand that, but if it is in BETA Kryptos might WANT to know what the community currently thinks about the CMS....
3) There are some problems I found too witch kind of disturb me because I always thought the CMS would be a little better than it was.
4) Yes it does, because it's a mistake made and who knows if there wasn't any more mistakes made during the coding (IE; Exploits)

I hope that Kryptos does fix the articles though as they are looking pretty plain ;) But O-M-GEE I love the ASE (Housekeeping), it just needs a bit more features like UberCMS then it'll be the best CMS out :p

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
1) I downloaded the CMS last night and uploaded them to XAMPP, there was only one theme witch was the Habbo theme, witch was a little rushed.. I hate the new news article thing, it is so ugly, and it would be great(er) if there was the old news article and hot campaigns. Well first off in the actual page that lets you read the actual news article, on the left hand side where it displays the news articles (previous ones),it should be more like UberCMS, where it has the dates on it and it lets you click on 'See more' and choose from the categories of your choice IE Games & Competitions.. Another problem I found was the Add Character setting to your account, when you did add a character to your account, you would see 2 of the original accounts IE (Liam &Liam) and it would show on the staff page aswell... I'm not sure if this problem is because I used the register on the install page, but it's still a problem that could be fixed for people who add multiple accounts to there email/username.. I also don't know if this is installed, but you should make it so hotel owners can enable/disable this setting because I totally wouldn't want that feature in my hotel, it would just be silly as people would just keep making new accounts and trading over things like credits in mass credit events and stuff like that.
2) We all understand that, but if it is in BETA Kryptos might WANT to know what the community currently thinks about the CMS....
3) There are some problems I found too witch kind of disturb me because I always thought the CMS would be a little better than it was.
4) Yes it does, because it's a mistake made and who knows if there wasn't any more mistakes made during the coding (IE; Exploits)

I hope that Kryptos does fix the articles though as they are looking pretty plain ;) But O-M-GEE I love the ASE (Housekeeping), it just needs a bit more features like UberCMS then it'll be the best CMS out :p

Like i said, half of those are small minor bugs that are in the latest release and have most likely been fixed and mistakes made while coding are just bugs. Not everyone is perfect.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Like i said, half of those are small minor bugs that are in the latest release and have most likely been fixed and mistakes made while coding are just bugs. Not everyone is perfect.
I was never talking about people being perfect..Now was I? I was just saying my thoughts...

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
You all applaud his CMS but yet still complain about it not being as you expected. I'd like to see you all do better.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
You all applaud his CMS but yet still complain about it not being as you expected. I'd like to see you all do better.
Yes we applaud to the CMS because it's an innovation. And we're simply giving Kryptos information on what bugs are still in the CMS so that he knows what to fix.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Yes we applaud to the CMS because it's an innovation. And we're simply giving Kryptos information on what bugs are still in the CMS so that he knows what to fix.

EthaanRaadley

EthaanRaadley.NET
Oct 1, 2012
Guys, ive been looking through all pages,
People were asking for 3.0 on 2nd page,
Kryptos is being busy working his ass off, [Well relaxing aswell]
Be greatful BETA is out.

We dont want him to add exploits like jonty,
Relax :]

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Hey! The source is free and open source. This means that you can help us fixing bugs and such. If we find your fix working best, we will merge it to the original repository.

The CMS is not released for production use yet. We know there are bugs, if there weren't I would be very surprised. Heck! even released CMS' (like Wordpress, Drupal, etc.) has bugs and exploits. We would love to have participants helping us to make the CMS better, stronger and more secure.

Feedback

Haboa Hotel
Jun 11, 2012
Hey! The source is free and open source. This means that you can help us fixing bugs and such. If we find your fix working best, we will merge it to the original repository.

The CMS is not released for production use yet. We know there are bugs, if there weren't I would be very surprised. Heck! even released CMS' (like Wordpress, Drupal, etc.) has bugs and exploits. We would love to have participants helping us to make the CMS better, stronger and more secure.
Great to hear you're accepting bug fixes for the original CMS. Can I give some direct suggestions? If so here they are:
Possibly make an option to be able to use the old articles on the Me page?
Add hot campaigns.. They're great for advertising things like VIP and forums!
Give an option for the hotel owner to choose if they want to enable/disable multiple accounts!
Fix up the Staff page maybe, make it look more like UberCMS? (That's the best Staff page layout - In means of the actual user information..)
Allow direct access to the articles page /community/news and it'll show the latest article.. Along with this add categories and make it more like actual Habbo and UberCMS...

Housekeeping ideas:
Allow people to unban people in the HK.. Along with appeals so they can appeal to their ban! (If the staff allows them to appeal to the ban, that is!)
Ability to show what's currently in the database and ability to remove it, for example Post News, have the ability to delete them, and edit them.
Maintenance page and enable/disable maintenance in the HK.
Remove a users VIP in the VIP page
A HK page that shows you CMD logs for Phoenix [IE: 15 per page, setting to choose from who did the commands and what command?]
If this isn't already done, when a user is banned in the housekeeping it will send a MUS to phoenix updating the bans? And if a unban page is made, also update the MUS, so it lets them on the hotel with no problems!

I don't mean for them to be rushed, but these are some of the things that I would love to see in RevCMS :-]

duckietm

Dec 31, 2010
Latest version can't be downloaded :(

Sorry, no drops live here.

Perhaps the link you clicked was broken or the owner of this drop has deleted it.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Yea I deleted it due to the bugs given, didn't want you guys to try it and have all of you give me the same bugs :p

Basil Ali

Aug 15, 2011

Answer to your question on number one; CMS Development depends on how complex the CMS is may take even more than a year. Also, Kryptos has stuff to do in real life, since this is not his job, more like a side project.

A comment to your second to last statement; Yes, I am aware and everyone else is aware that it's on BETA, but again the minor errors on the CMS seems rushed especially simple tasks. I'm not trying to downgrade him, but I feel the pressure that he probably has on his hands for promising a release on what is suppose to be better than his already successful version of RevCMS 1.9 and that it looks like the simple things are being rushed. Usually the minor errors are buried into a more complex problem, but if it is a simple problem, like the statistics not getting right registered amount of users correctly and it's plain simple to see, then yes it looks rushed.

Don't take it too personally, but it just seems rushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread