Rev Potential exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Smith

Sep 10, 2011
Basicly. i belive that rev is xxs cross scriptable.

All thats needed is to set your motto to <script>alert('XXS')</script> and on online, it sends an alert.

Does anybody have a fix for this?

The fix will be largely appreciated!

Also, you may want to know:
Whats is XXS?

-Dan :D

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
If they change their motto via client it would appear on the online users page for their motto, and also it can't be seeing as we're using v3.8.1 licensed Phoenix and it works :) and like we've said multiple times it's not staff doing it thats a problem, it's users.
Solution: Take out any forms to see someone else's Motto other than your own. (Staff page, Online users, ect..)

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
If they change their motto via client it would appear on the online users page for their motto, and also it can't be seeing as we're using v3.8.1 licensed Phoenix and it works :) and like we've said multiple times it's not staff doing it thats a problem, it's users.
Actually I came on to test it, Doesn't work.
Also, nobody in the history of retro's unwritten records has attempted this, nor has it been brought it.

Find

Posting Freak
Jun 21, 2012
I have taken it out now apart from on staff page, but I would of preferred to find a fix for the problem instead of having to remove it.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
I didn't know people were this stupid. Go read RevCMS from top to bottom, this is PURELY YOUR FAULT.

made the 'filter' function for a reason, go apply 'filter($tag)' to where needed, this is purely YOUR FAULT, and to your motto updating, if you have this coded via the CMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread