Retro redirects me....

kilek1994

Jan 26, 2016
So I followed this tutorial, goo (dot) gl / QTXri4

and everything worked great on my localhost BUT, when I click "Enter Hotel", it load up the redirects me to, goo (dot) gl / jJCjnK

Does anyone know how to fix this? I made sure to change everything to localhost, I can't seem to find what is causing this...

ItsNick

Nov 19, 2013
If it is sending you to a disconnected page, then you need to ensure everything is accessable to the public ( all ports are enabled thru your firewall and routers ). Also, your links must be set to a public domain name or IP, they can't be localhost or 127.0.0.1. Check every link including variables.

kilek1994

Jan 26, 2016
If it is sending you to a disconnected page, then you need to ensure everything is accessable to the public ( all ports are enabled thru your firewall and routers ). Also, your links must be set to a public domain name or IP, they can't be localhost or 127.0.0.1. Check every link including variables.
Thank you, I am trying this out now, I will try both with just the ip and then ip:port. I wanted to do the retro local only for now, which is why I didn't think it was required to put your IP.

Berk, I will send you the file if this method does not work.

UPDATE: so now I put my IP to my ddns, I got it working, but now the client doesn't even load. It's just simply a black screen...

Client php: goo (dot) gl/ PMZ tPv

Last edited:

Modo

blame it on my asd
May 27, 2013
Thank you, I am trying this out now, I will try both with just the ip and then ip:port. I wanted to do the retro local only for now, which is why I didn't think it was required to put your IP.

Berk, I will send you the file if this method does not work.

UPDATE: so now I put my IP to my ddns, I got it working, but now the client doesn't even load. It's just simply a black screen...

Client php: goo (dot) gl/ PMZ tPv
Code:
"connection.info.host" : "MYIP:8425",
Remove the port on that as the emulator would be trying to connect to {ip}:8425:30000 which obviously wouldn't work

You should only use the :8425 for the web related items.

kilek1994

Jan 26, 2016
@Modo
Thanks for that, but still no luck :/. It basically just opens a black screen. I tested out multiple versions and it's the same thing for all...
If instead of my IP/ddns I put "localhost", it loads the clients but then redirects to some bullethotel link, when I put my ddns stuff in it, the client loading flashes real quick then it's a black screen.

Modo

blame it on my asd
May 27, 2013
@Modo
Thanks for that, but still no luck :/. It basically just opens a black screen. I tested out multiple versions and it's the same thing for all...
If instead of my IP/ddns I put "localhost", it loads the clients but then redirects to some bullethotel link, when I put my ddns stuff in it, the client loading flashes real quick then it's a black screen.
Check your external variables if it is redirecting you... As for client then it must be your SWFs, I could zip mine up and give you a download link if you wish?

kilek1994

Jan 26, 2016
Skype: Irish_Rebel15 you can add me but I'm heading out to class now, I won't be home for 8/9 hours depending on if I can leave early. I'll accept you when I get back, and we can talk whenever you're on. :) I think that maybe the tutorial I followed either was missing a few steps OR they put up the wrong files because I do not have anything close to what I got from you :)

@Modo

Actually @Modo I have another 156 minutes before I head out can we try this out now? :)

Modo

blame it on my asd
May 27, 2013
Skype: Irish_Rebel15 you can add me but I'm heading out to class now, I won't be home for 8/9 hours depending on if I can leave early. I'll accept you when I get back, and we can talk whenever you're on. :) I think that maybe the tutorial I followed either was missing a few steps OR they put up the wrong files because I do not have anything close to what I got from you :)

@Modo

Actually @Modo I have another 156 minutes before I head out can we try this out now? :)
Sorry, just got back myself.. I can help you now if you're free?

Users who are viewing this thread