resetting windows 7 enterprise to factor selling

StewieManner

Hoth Hotel Manager
Nov 9, 2013
Hey .SO When I boot my computer up with f8 , and click repair your computer its doesn't give me the option of resetting to factory settings . Also when i go to control panel > Backup & Restore > Recovery >Advanced Methods > It doesnt give me the option to reset to factory condition

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Hey .SO When I boot my computer up with f8 , and click repair your computer its doesn't give me the option of resetting to factory settings . Also when i go to control panel > Backup & Restore > Recovery >Advanced Methods > It doesnt give me the option to reset to factory condition

It's not suppose to, You need a disc or the software for the Edition of Windows you want to reset your computer to Factory Settings like how it first came, Backup & Restore is for any files that you deleted and want back which is compressed and backed up.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I don't think Windows has ever allowed the user to reset their OS without using a separate installation medium. You'll need a Windows CD or drive containing the said Operating System you wish to re-install, you can then simply remove the current OS or repair by booting into it.

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
Windows 8 gives options to reset completely to factory settings, but I believe this is their only OS that is fitted with such feature.

Not all editions are fitted with it like wise Windows 8 and 8.1 gives you the option to reset it but you lose everything, Software files, Personal files, everything in the computer is gone except the start up menu of F2 and Boot Menu of F12

Lotus

Jun 8, 2012
wowowowow this is going to help me in the long shot!
Off topic lol

Have you been able to resolve this?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Just search basically the name of the thread and you should find something?

Users who are viewing this thread