ReRevCMS - Revolution outside the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
CBZ0qiP2DMp0.png

RevCMS, I know that!
"RevCMS, that sounds familiar!" A lot of people will have thought something like that when they saw the thread title. Almost everyone on DevBest knows RevCMS as the revolution under Habbo CMS developments. Now, what is ReRevCMS...

ReRevCMS
After SmashCMS didn't turn out like I wanted it to become, I toke the deleting of the Community Projects section as a chance to start all over. And, personally, I am a big fan of how RevCMS 1.9 is made. However, its a big shame it was made for Habbo. Now, what is ReRevCMS. Actually, it is a heavily modified version of RevCMS. With this I mean that a lot of functions has been deleted, a lot changed, and ofcourse also a lot added. The biggest part: IT IS MADE NON-HABBO.

So... this is for Habbo?
Fuck off.

What will be changed?
Here is a small list of features that will be removed:
- All Habbo data
- User register (maybe will be added again in another version)
- News

Features that will be edited:
- The database structure
- Most of the classes
- Template system
- Etc...

Features that will be added:
- Language system
- Blog systeem (will replace News)
- A advanced ban system
- Option to add a gallery
- Option to create pages
- A new dashboard ("Housekeeping")
- Secure authentication
- Multiple engines (PDO/MySQLi)
- Advanced page errors
- Social media widget intergration (Twitter/Facebook/Youtube, etc)

And a lot more that I can't think of right now.

What have you done so far?
A while ago I started a project for someone, where I only used the RevCMS MySQL Engine for. However, I am going to change things around. The snippets I will show are thus made before I planned to make ReRevCMS, and still need editing to fit within the whole plan.

So, ofcourse, most of the credits already are for for the base of RevCMS 1.9. I would love to hear suggestions to add into the CMS and changes to be made, everything will be taken into concideration.

Snippets, screens, demo & follow development
The demo
Live preview will be on - as it will be made for that website. This means, for now, there will be no demo for the Housekeeping, screens and snippets will be added though.

Follow Development
Follow the development trough Twitter! -

Screens
Will be added soon.

Snippets
Please take in mind that this still is from early stages to try out some of my ideas, and stuff will be changed around. Don't forget to leave your ideas of improvement.

PHP:
class pageErrors
{

public function error404($url, $request_uri, $http_referer, $ip)
{
global $engine;
if (isset($url) && $_SESSION['error404'] != $url && !strpos($request_uri, 'favicon.ico'))
{
$engine->query("INSERT INTO page_errors(url, request_uri, http_referer, ip, date) VALUES ('".$url."', '".$request_uri."', '".$http_referer."', '".$ip."', '".date("d-m-Y H:i")."')");
$_SESSION['error404'] = $url;
}
else if (!isset($url))
{
return $engine->systemError('pageErrors', 'Could not set URL.');
}
}

}

PHP:
public function getUserVar($variable, $id)
{
global $engine;
if ($engine->num_rows("SELECT ".$variable." FROM users WHERE id = '".$id."'") == 1)
{
return $engine->result("SELECT ".$variable." FROM users WHERE id = '".$id."'");
}
else if ($engine->num_rows("SELECT ".$variable." FROM users WHERE id = '".$id."'") > 1)
{
return $engine->systemError('getUserVar', 'Multiple records found.');
}
else
{
return $engine->systemError('getUserVar', ' The variable '.$var.' is not found.');
}
}

PHP:
class language
{
public $language;

public function getLanguage()
{
global $engine, $_CONFIG;

if (strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], 'lynnspoor.nl'))
{
return $language = "Nederlands";
}
else if (isset($_CONFIG['site']['default_lang']))
{
return $language = $_CONFIG['site']['default_lang'];
}
else
{
return $engine->systemError('getLanguage', 'Could not get default language.');
}
}

public function setLanguage()
{
global $engine;

$language = $this->getLanguage();

if (isset($language))
{
switch ($language)
{
case 'Nederlands':
include('lang/nederlands.php');
break;

case 'English':
include('lang/english.php');
break;
}
}
else
{
return $engine->systemError('setLanguage', 'Could not set language.');
}

return $_LANGUAGE;
}
}

PHP:

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I love the idea of this. Wess is capable of producing some great things and I'm sure this will be no exception. I'll probably use in some way or another once it's released.

Reedz

#1 Baller
Jul 9, 2012
Incredible idea! I'm sure this will be as good as everything else Wess has previously produced. Good luck pal.

Trinix

Feb 1, 2013
Using global $var; in PHP is a design flaw, you should take a static approach and use Class::Method();

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
Your pratically recreating Revcms...As in not really using any of its files. Your just re-doing it all. So might as well just start from scratch but gl

Deion

Posting Freak
Jul 3, 2010
Your pratically recreating Revcms...As in not really using any of its files. Your just re-doing it all. So might as well just start from scratch but gl
Everything within Rev isn't habbo. He's just removing the habbo stuff and adding on. So what do you mean?

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Not at all. A lot of codes from RevCMS are being used - or atleast based on. The name ReRevCMS is out of respect for Kryptos' work which I am using.

For the rest, thanks everyone! More snippets coming soon, also started working on the Dashboard. If you have any ideas to add - please say so.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Thread temporarily closed at request.
PM me when you wish for it to be re-opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread